Training a Pitcher should NOT do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2009
My daughter who will be 16 in a month is beginning a training program at the gym that will build core strength. It is not softball specific. It will develope into other conditioning pull ups etc including weights. Are there weight routines and or excercises that are not good for a pitcher to do? In the older folks I have noticed it can get a little extreme. I want to keep an eye on this and control what she does. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I want to keep an eye on this and control what she does.

Thanks

I want to control what my DD does too - like that'll happen :eek:

In answer to your question; I don't see any problem with a workout routine for your pitcher DD, especially if it is designed to build her core. A strong core is essential for ANY softball player and the better shape she is in and the stronger her core, the better she will be able to perform as an athlete.

R

RayR

I agree that any core stuff should be good to work on as long as it doesn't get too much into being flexible as opposed to being stable.

As an aside I would see if they offer sled workouts. Great workout and does work the core as it needs to stabalize to push/pull the sleds around.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Invest in a rowing machine and do sit ups. Those have been a great benefit for some 18-year-olds and college pitchers I have worked with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles