Rawlings CM41 VS. YM4 Catcher's Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2023
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two? Both claim to have the widest deepest pocket available but not much description beyond that. Thanks in advance!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two? Both claim to have the widest deepest pocket available but not much description beyond that. Thanks in advance!
Both are baseball mitts. I use the YM Heart of The Hide to catch my daughter. If you're going to use either one for fastpitch, you need to beat the pocket with a softball. They both will work well.

Jul 10, 2023
Both are baseball mitts. I use the YM Heart of The Hide to catch my daughter. If you're going to use either one for fastpitch, you need to beat the pocket with a softball. They both will work well.
Yeah, I am looking to get a custom Pro Preferred catching glove for my daughter. When going through the options I can choose from the CM41 and YM4 to get the widest and deepest pocket, but nothing really tells me what the difference between the two models are. Maybe just the name? Or are there actual differences in the glove construction / pattern / shape?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah, I am looking to get a custom Pro Preferred catching glove for my daughter. When going through the options I can choose from the CM41 and YM4 to get the widest and deepest pocket, but nothing really tells me what the difference between the two models are. Maybe just the name? Or are there actual differences in the glove construction / pattern / shape?
I can save you money on that custom mitt.

The custom builder site usually has a good description of each feature. Make sure you use the official Rawlings one, though. It will explain the differences in the pockets. Those two mitts have the same pocket design. One is just different because it's designed for Molina's specs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad