Mizuno GXS33

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Any experience breaking in one of these or it's brethren: GXS31,GXS32?

Took about a year for her Nokona TNCMFP to turn from a salad bowl into a glove, don't have that kind of time now. I can go with GXS53 and be ready now, but she's not crazy about the look. ;-)

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Just FYI, pulled the trigger on this, just started working on it.
Definitely stiffer than the MVP line, but nowhere near as stiff as the cowhide Nokona was. Mizuno puts a tag on this saying it's "oiled and game-ready", but that's not accurate. It might be usable for a strong 16-18yo in a pinch, but I'm guessing about 5-8 weeks break-in, which is fine for us. There is always the steamer option if you have need of speed.

It's by far the best looking Mizuno I've seen, good leather, beautifully stitched, nice contrast of walnut and tan, closed web.
Retailers list it as 34.5", Mizuno calls it 34".

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
All our catcher's are using the Mizuno GXS92 and they love it. I use one to catch my daughter's pitching practices and I think it is totally awesome. Breaks in real fast and it catches everything. I swear I just wave it at the ball and it gets sucked right in. Many thumbs up for Mizuno's catching line.

sru

Jun 20, 2008
Any experience breaking in one of these or it's brethren: GXS31,GXS32?

Took about a year for her Nokona TNCMFP to turn from a salad bowl into a glove, don't have that kind of time now. I can go with GXS53 and be ready now, but she's not crazy about the look. ;-)

My DD uses a GXS31 and loves it, especially the pocket. It took about a month to break in and has held up quite well for 80+ games and twice weekly practices.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Glove broke in sweetly in about 3 weeks.
It's a better tool for her at this point, secures the ball better and has the closed web and look+sound she's happy with.

My best guess is the hinge design and deeper pocket are what make the magic happen. I'm just grateful to not be shaking my head and grumbling "Just catch the d$$$ed ball" on every 7th pitch.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma