How would you know if someone was teaching I/R or HE?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
You don’t have this problem with boys. For people with young girls that have never been involved with softball this stuff is enough to make you tell her to forget about her pitching and just concentrate on hitting the ball really hard and really far.

I dont view this as a problem. Pitching in softball is just not as easy as finding the kid who can throw hard and putting them on the mound. Everyone has to learn to throw underhand.

Lucky for your DD you're on this site. Big advantage. I think @NJSwampdragons could maybe have some good input here.

The thing is it takes good coaching and alot of practice. If there are no good coaches in your area then it's on you. Luckily it's all open source on here in the IR in the classroom sticky. If you have to teach her yourself, my advice is learn a little yourself initially(this is a hillhouse protip). Get like 1 or 2 steps ahead of her. Then start working. Throw underhand the right way. Get the arm working the right way and she will have some good success eventually. Try to stay 1 step ahead for as long as you can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan