Garage practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
hm2.jpg

I built a hanging mat using an 8’x6’ hemmed carpet, (2) 8’ long 2x4’s, (2) heavy duty shelf brackets and miscellaneous hardware. I basically sandwiched the carpet between the 2x4’s using bolts, then I hung it from the brackets I attached to the wall. (see photo)

I bought another piece of 8’x6’ carpet to use on the floor. I attach a pitching rubber to the floor carpet with Velcro for when they want to pitch, and pull it off when they want to do some soft toss or tee work. Everything is obviously hit or pitched into the carpet. The ball stops and drops.

Everything was bought from Home Depot and was affordable. I think the carpet pieces were $20 each.

Attachments

• hm3.jpg
    hm3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 48
Jan 23, 2009
NE
Bought a 12 x 20 ft tarp, 9 caribingers and some 1/4 cord.

Strung the cord accross the garage and hung the tarp like a curtain with the caribingers. This way we can take advantage of the 25ft length and still get the van in by pulling the tarp back of to the sided when not in use.

Bought a piece of thin putting mat and painted a line for a power line. Use a thick rubber mat at the back of that for a simulated pitching plate. DD's (12 & 8) can know get the pitching work in after school before I get home. They have even found a way to work together for warming up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd