Fund raising in the Bronx

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2011
Anyone have any ideas about how my high school team can raise money for this year? Out budget is a paltry $200. I will need more than this to pay for umpires and balls alone. The usual coupon books and raffles dont really work with our population. Im having a Barnes and Noble book fair in December that will help. I need other ideas that may work with a more urban population. If anyone has ideas I would really appreciate it.

Tom

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
This is something we have used in the last year that worked to the tune of about $200 dollars per kid with very little cost out of pocket . We had each kid send out 10 letters to family and friends asking for a donation for their sport . The feedback we got from those sponsoring the kids was great , they were much happier sending 10-20 dollars in to help someone out than spending a bunch of money on some crappy little food item or trinket that in turn grossed the kids a couple bucks . We also did the old standby's of car washes , bake sales , face painting , yard sales and having the kids work in a restaurant with a portion of the days receipts going to the kids . In the end the letters made the kids more than twice as much as the next closest fundraiser with minimal amount of effort . If you would like you can PM me your E-mail address and I can E-mail you a copy of the letter we used .

Oct 18, 2009
Maybe a coin drop outside a supermarket? You probably can get a bunch of people willing to give $1 or $2 to a local school team.

You have to ask the supermarket/store for permission sometimes a few weeks in advance. My dd's team made about $500 in 4 hours outside a busy supermarket.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Is there a youth sports venue that you could sell pulled pork, chips and a drink at? I am at games all of the time, where there is no concession stand. I know there would be hoops to jump through, but maybe a parent is already licensed for food handling.

Slow pitch games would be a place to start.

Do you have a parents support group? It should be formal, with Pres., treasurer, etc.

Sep 3, 2009
Find a busy location like a walmart or grocery store, and sell sodas and hot dogs outside. Many of these locations will allow it, if you buy your supplies from them. Shouldn't be too hard to raise some cash.

Another thing I see alot of high school teams do, is hold a clinic for younger players. It would be more labor, and little cost up front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole