DVD's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I have a handful of DVDs that I would like to giveaway. I would like these to go people who have the capability of posting some of the footage on the site. This is the history of these DVDs.

In 2008 the Arizona Wildcats were a top 10 team who lost in their conference tournament and were shipped out to a regional in the NE. The site was a little over an hour away so I went and recorded a lot of video of both pitching and hitting. The video is shot with a high shutter speed (1/1200 I believe) so it is absolutely blur free. It is shot through a net which is not a problem. I recorded from my camera to a DVD recorder and had the DVD copied. Originally I intended to loan copies to my students to take home and observe. The girls I work with are just too young and that didn't work.

There are around 25 swings, a 'Best Of' collection. They are recorded first in slow motion, then again in slo-mo with some stop action. There are 5 or 6 home runs, you can't see the ball flight only the swings. There are some great shots of opposite field hitting, Arizona's line up was about half lefties and you can see these girls sitting on the outside pitch and driving it the other way. I don't know the names of the players, you would have to get a line up from 2008 and look up their numbers.

If you are interested and have the capability of posting on the site (you don't have to post) send me a PM with your address and I will try to send them out after Xmas.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
If you send me the DVDs I'll create GIFs to post on the website here for everyone to view and comment on. I'll also mail the DVDs back to you, or to whoever else you might wish to share them with.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
FFS, that would be great. One thing that would be interesting, there is a little lefty who takes an inside pitch and crushes it over the right field fence. In a later swing she sets up on an outside fastball and drives down the left field line. A side by side comparison would be interesting, on the outside pitch she definitely winds up more, not your usual defensive punchy kind of swing.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FFS, that would be great. One thing that would be interesting, there is a little lefty who takes an inside pitch and crushes it over the right field fence. In a later swing she sets up on an outside fastball and drives down the left field line. A side by side comparison would be interesting, on the outside pitch she definitely winds up more, not your usual defensive punchy kind of swing.

Easy enough. We can create GIFs of that. The more specific you are with the instruction, the easier it is to generate the GIFs. Information like 'the little lefty', 'nth batter in the sequence', 'time into the DVD', etc.

Sent you my address in a PM.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I have one DVD left. One thing I forgot to mention, about 30% of the swings are from the back of the hitter, I don't mean from behind the plate. This gives you a very unusual perspective on things like the negative move/load, launch position, hip/shoulder relationship, etc.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
FFS
That would be a descent thing to do. I would enjoy seeing the swings

Could you share what programs you use to convert video to smaller gifs.
Or what programs you use to take a video and make it in slo/motion

Thanks
Straightleg

Oct 19, 2009
This video is about pitching, but the still frames where it shows the ball in flight is soo-cool and I think would be a great training tool for hitting or pitching. I was wondering if anyone knew how this was done? :confused:

My daughter’s pitching coach has a video camera about a 6,000 dollar camera it shows supper slow motion and you can stop at any point. He uses it in her training. She throws a pitch he records and ask what she felt, then shows her the video of her motion, a great training tool.
:cool:

I'm not believing I forgot to post the clip SORRY guys!!!! See below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg2VSM7UUX8&feature=related

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
SL ... I use ULead GIF Animator to generate the GIFs. Generally the input is an AVI file. For DVDs I will generally use Windows Movie Maker to make video segments in AVI format, and then use ULead to create the GIF.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG