Baseball & Softball Indoor facility,how much $

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
I have a question for any parents, training facilities owners or coaches. How much a year, per session, hourly rate, walk in yearly rate or memebership do you pay or charge? Also what kind of insurance do you require for the player or user to have or registered with? The place where my dd was going,now they require both of use to register with AAU. We will never use that anywhere but here. I don't even now what AAU has to do with softball.

This place has slowly become a joke now. We have drove several times to use the facilitiy and get there and they are closed. Once Bustos was having a clinic there, that a local TB team put together. The team asked the facility owner to tell other people about it and the owner never said a word to anybody that might be interested. Then to top it all off, the owner was suppose to be there in the morning to open the place up and never showed. The coaches of the team felt like 2 cents, here you bring in Bustos and you cant get in the place. They had to call one of the trainers, that has to drive 45mins. to get there, to open the place up.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
This one is about one mile away from my house. Good group, not super fancy but it gets the job done.

Services & Rates - Fultz Baseball & Softball Academy

This is our premier baseball/softball facility in Memphis. My brother played with Tim Dulin ( the owner ) on the same college BB team. Most of the instructors are former professional players, and the place is always packed full of kids.

Dulins Sports Complex

Both should give you an idea of prices.

Jul 26, 2010
This is going to vary widely geographically. The rent for a facility big enough is a major driving factor here. You're better off asking this question regionally.

-W

Apr 25, 2010
I have a question for any parents, training facilities owners or coaches. How much a year, per session, hourly rate, walk in yearly rate or memebership do you pay or charge? Also what kind of insurance do you require for the player or user to have or registered with? The place where my dd was going,now they require both of use to register with AAU. We will never use that anywhere but here. I don't even now what AAU has to do with softball.

This place has slowly become a joke now. We have drove several times to use the facilitiy and get there and they are closed. Once Bustos was having a clinic there, that a local TB team put together. The team asked the facility owner to tell other people about it and the owner never said a word to anybody that might be interested. Then to top it all off, the owner was suppose to be there in the morning to open the place up and never showed. The coaches of the team felt like 2 cents, here you bring in Bustos and you cant get in the place. They had to call one of the trainers, that has to drive 45mins. to get there, to open the place up.

We drive to Erie, more West than where we did lessons with Bill this summer, to a place called Erie Strike Zone. Since we drive so far to get there, he charges us $60 a month to use a lane for 1 hour 3 days per week to pitch and then hit 100 balls. It is a nice little place. He also is just starting to offer speed, strength, and agility classes.

Jan 25, 2011
We drive to Erie, more West than where we did lessons with Bill this summer, to a place called Erie Strike Zone. Since we drive so far to get there, he charges us $60 a month to use a lane for 1 hour 3 days per week to pitch and then hit 100 balls. It is a nice little place. He also is just starting to offer speed, strength, and agility classes.
Thats funny, Emily and I stopped in there 2 weekends ago and talked to him. He seems like a nice guy, and the place looks really nice. I was just kind of searching around and my post was just away to see what others do. I have to weigh the differences from driving 19 miles now to driving 45 miles to Erie.

Apr 25, 2010
He is a great guy! It takes us about 1/2 hour to get there, but as you know, there is nothing anywhere near me anyway...lol.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I haven't worked at one for 15 years, but it is the Hitting Center, in Springfield, IL. I know that they have a web site.

Jan 25, 2011
I guess the main reason that just ticks me off about where my dd was going. We have many times drove to the facility and the place is locked up no lights on no one there. You can't call either to see if they will be open, because they don't answer their phone. I have heard the phone ring and ring and the guy won't even pick it up. Sorry have to vent, they closed down during the summer thats fine, but don't tell everybody that your opening on this day, then the saturday before you open on monday to tear down the only softball batting cage and the one next to it. They had all summer to do that and you wait the weekend before you open. I think I have made up my mind. Looks like we will drive to Erie.

Jul 26, 2010
I hear you Nanotech. I hate unprofessional-ism. They'll gladly take your money for their service, yet won't behave professionally when push comes to shove.

What you need is a good pole barn.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1