Wrist

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The wrists should be thrown from the lead arm deceleration which occurs after many other things have transpired and stabilized.

the hammer analogy is more about planing the pitch correctly imo.

Apr 11, 2015
I have never gripped a bull, but I assume you are advocating an extremely firm grip. That goes against what most hitting instructors would advocate.
I did...once...
rtcN87v.png

...I advise against it for those ever thinking about it. 😲😁

May 12, 2016
The wrists should be thrown from the lead arm deceleration which occurs after many other things have transpired and stabilized.

the hammer analogy is more about planing the pitch correctly imo.
Can you please explain how the hammer analogy refers to planing W? When I am hammering something, I am direct to the target, already starting on plane. IMO, the hammer analogy refers to how the hands release the bat.

Wondering if this is what Ted W meant when he said a right handed hitter who bats left is at a disadvantage, since the weak hand would be doing the hammering

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Can you please explain how the hammer analogy refers to planing W? When I am hammering something, I am direct to the target, already starting on plane. IMO, the hammer analogy refers to how the hands release the bat.

Wondering if this is what Ted W meant when he said a right handed hitter who bats left is at a disadvantage, since the weak hand would be doing the hammering

Agreed. It is about release, but without a dump.. for me it’s about unhinging the wrists w more of an action/thought of radial/ulnar deviation, which keeps the bat from dipping under the pitch plane to early during release.. thus keeping the bat on plane. A fancy way to say ‘down to’.

Oct 2, 2017
Agreed. It is about release, but without a dump.. for me it’s about unhinging the wrists w more of an action/thought of radial/ulnar deviation, which keeps the bat from dipping under the pitch plane to early during release.. thus keeping the bat on plane. A fancy way to say ‘down to’.
I don't know if this applies, but I was trying some feel swings the other day, trying to stay more in the s-play and letting the hands naturally react to the middle moving and finding balance. The feel of the hands that came to my mind, almost reminded me of the hands find a spot naturally to hammer and cock and unhinge. Just like as if you raise your hand to prepare to swing the hammer on a nail. Hopefully that wasn't confusing, LOL.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I don't know if this applies, but I was trying some feel swings the other day, trying to stay more in the s-play and letting the hands naturally react to the middle moving and finding balance. The feel of the hands that came to my mind, almost reminded me of the hands find a spot naturally to hammer and cock and unhinge. Just like as if you raise your hand to prepare to swing the hammer on a nail. Hopefully that wasn't confusing, LOL.

think I get what you’re saying.. the way I see it is you’re striding blindly, but hand/arm articulations are found through approach and then recognizing what’s coming and when.

Attachments

• 1630339159461.gif
    1630339159461.gif
    980 KB · Views: 16
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Finally a thread with bulls, dumps, and bats on a plane. Oh My. We have a achieved the 7th Chakra, or Sahaswara.

7-chakras[1].jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802