Wish I Knew About These Before My Recent Purchase

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I was instructing several of my catchers last night when I saw this wild fully customized catcher's mitt. I didn't see a name brand on it so I asked her what kind it was. @ANNASDAD I found this after talking to her Dad. Tigress Gloves . I was really impressed with the quality. Wish I had known about these before my AS AF Elite cmw3001-B purchase. I would have loved to get one of these on my hand to try it out; especially fully customized including an uploaded custom logo on the back.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
They’ve posted here on this site before coach! I’ve never personally seen or held one before so I won’t pass any judgment.....

I will say performance wise, you made a great decision going with the All-Star, I have tons (years) of experience with one!

Oct 4, 2018
Tigress is pretty aggressive (in their posts and marketing) on facebook. Enough to kind of turn me off. But I get it - they're trying to get their name out there.

Can't say I've seen a Tigress in the wild yet. :p

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
They’ve posted here on this site before coach! I’ve never personally seen or held one before so I won’t pass any judgment.....

I will say performance wise, you made a great decision going with the All-Star, I have tons (years) of experience with one!
I know. I have also. I'm happy that I got it but would've liked to actually try one out to compare.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Tigress is pretty aggressive (in their posts and marketing) on facebook. Enough to kind of turn me off. But I get it - they're trying to get their name out there.

Can't say I've seen a Tigress in the wild yet. :p
They're becoming more popular around here. I've seen several at tournaments but none customized. Never gave it a thought when I went to purchase a new mitt for myself.

Oct 4, 2018
They're becoming more popular around here. I've seen several at tournaments but none customized. Never gave it a thought when I went to purchase a new mitt for myself.

I did get a custom glove made for me when I both needed a new glove and first started coaching. So I got it team colors, my DD's number, etc. It was cool. Of course we changed teams within a year. :p

And they got it wrong so the glove said "Couch Drew". I actually wanted to keep that one but they insisted on not sending it and made it right.

Last edited:
May 6, 2015
I was instructing several of my catchers last night when I saw this wild fully customized catcher's mitt. I didn't see a name brand on it so I asked her what kind it was. @ANNASDAD I found this after talking to her Dad. Tigress Gloves . I was really impressed with the quality. Wish I had known about these before my AS AF Elite cmw3001-B purchase. I would have loved to get one of these on my hand to try it out; especially fully customized including an uploaded custom logo on the back.

pretty certain you will not regret your purchase of the AS CMW3001. DD is on her third year of AS CMW3000, currently breaking in new AS CMW3001 to get it game ready. nothing wrong with first one, but I am a worry wort, and she had no backup. once new one is game ready (should be by time they start playing games), original gets relaced as backup (again, probably not really needed, but hey why not). but you gotta be diligent about breaking it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802