Win reality interactive video game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

My overall opinion of this product at this point is. It’s hard to pull the trigger because of the $400 start up fee which is mostly the oculus but I do think it will help DD in pitch recognition and faster ball/strike determination. Which should overall make her a better batter and she doesn’t have to wait for me to get off work to practice with it.

May 16, 2019
My overall opinion of this product at this point is. It’s hard to pull the trigger because of the $400 start up fee which is mostly the oculus but I do think it will help DD in pitch recognition and faster ball/strike determination. Which should overall make her a better batter and she doesn’t have to wait for me to get off work to practice with it.
It's been two months, any update on the use of the product? Thanks .

It's been two months, any update on the use of the product? Thanks .
Last 2 months have been hectic travel ball practice 2days a week playing every weekend high school team has a fall ball schedule practice and games going and coach is pissed because we play travel every weekend and not with HS team. But this weekend ends all that and I hope to get her back on the win reality. I don’t know how much it actually helps but it has to make you better. My DD has never had problems with timing and has always hit well so it’s not like we saw a great improvement but for people who can’t get out in the yard and hit off a pitching machine year round like we can in S Louisiana this can give indoor hitting anytime you want.

Jan 22, 2011
Any update on Win Reality? I just pulled the trigger on buying an Occulus 2 $299 version because Meta/Facebook is increasing the prices tomorrow by $100. I was talking to a college coach at a tournament this summer and when I mentioned less than half the team could recognize a riseball coming after one of our hitters got fooled, he recommended getting Win Reality. He said he had gotten it for his team and it helped a lot on pitch recognition.

I have a phone call with Win Reality tomorrow about pricing for a High School team and likely will sign my daughter up for a subscription in late August once her break from softball is over.

Only about 3 or 4 hitters on her HS team can recognize riseballs out of the hand -- three of them are pitchers or former pitchers.

May 29, 2015
Funny timing ... somebody on another umpire forum suggested using this to work on your strike zone.

I actually have an Occulus (won it, would never spend that kind of money on it, especially not to Facebook) and was thinking of digging it out to check this out. $24/month though? Meh.

Jul 14, 2018
Got this for DD for Christmas. She wasn’t a fan, canceled after a month. She is a pitcher, so she’s pretty good at recognizing a rise, curve, or change from the pitcher’s motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
We have it. DD uses it off and on. The funny thing was the first couple of times she got mad at the location training because she thought it was wrong. So I made her get into an umpires position and do it. She realized that it wasn't wrong. Then she started using it more.

They've expanded some of the training modes from just the location/pitch guessing. Now there's a mode to train picking up the pitch as early possible. And of course the hitting trainer. We have the attachment but have not used it yet.

I find myself playing around with it from time to time. It's fun. But hasn't been a regular usage thing. Figured we'd pick it up again during the Winter and see if DD uses it more when it's too cold or wet to go outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802