Wilson Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2022
Apologies if I already posted this in the other thread - my daughter is also a bit of a utility player. She has the A2000 MA14 (Monica Abbott model), which is 12.25". She has an all-star for catching, but uses the Wilson everywhere else (P, SS, OF, 3B, 1B (not often enough, in her opinion!). It's a super-skin (synthetic backing), but I wasn't about to be a purest for the price I paid during Black Friday about 3-4 years ago!

If she suddenly gave up pitching and focused on IF, I'd consider looking for a glove with a shallower pocket, and probably go no bigger than 12". But for now, as a first-year 14U team, it's doing a great job. (And at $209, it's also the cheapest I've seen advertised for any of the A2000 models).
Thanks for the info and this is the first I'm seeing it. I seem to be focusing in on the 12" glove size as well. She uses a 11.75 right now for everything and she's had no issues. I would like to give her a touch bigger glove for the OF though so I'm thinking the 12" makes the most sense. We're going to try on gloves tomorrow. Thanks again for the feedback.

Feb 28, 2022
Yes posted a pic of her newest Cypress under lost glove.

I love the higher priced Marucci gloves but hard to find them to try on. That's the biggest issue, IMO. Found the last one on sale and took a chance and she loves it.

This may be a stupid question but the Cypress gloves are baseball gloves correct? Are there are noticeable differences between the baseball and softball gloves?

Jan 28, 2017
This may be a stupid question but the Cypress gloves are baseball gloves correct? Are there are noticeable differences between the baseball and softball gloves?
Never bought a softball glove for my DD. So I really can't commit other than softball gloves feel cheap to me.

Aug 15, 2021
I bought a Cypress custom glove for my DD in December as a backup and she likes it overall. No issues with it being a baseball glove, just break it in with a softball. The break in did take a while because it is not her main glove, and she uses it less. Overall it is a good quality glove.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Never bought a softball glove for my DD. So I really can't commit other than softball gloves feel cheap to me.
Can you say what the main difference in feel between baseball and softball gloves that made the softball ones feel cheap was? I haven't bought a baseball glove since 1986, so even though I sell many of them, I haven't tried one in years. Even my catcher's mitt I use to catch my daughter is a fastpitch one. I found baseball catcher's mitts were too small for a softball.

Oct 4, 2018
Ok our DD is 13 and has average 13yr old girl hands but the Wilson catchers mitt is just too much. Does your DD use the 12" glove everywhere? I'm thinking that size may make the most sense for our DD but with a web.

My 12 year old plays P/3B and uses a 12" glove. Seems the right size for those positions

Jan 28, 2017
Can you say what the main difference in feel between baseball and softball gloves that made the softball ones feel cheap was? I haven't bought a baseball glove since 1986, so even though I sell many of them, I haven't tried one in years. Even my catcher's mitt I use to catch my daughter is a fastpitch one. I found baseball catcher's mitts were too small for a softball.
Now I have a Allstar fastpitch catchers mitt. Infield gloves just feel loose and don’t feel like they will hold up at all to me. My DD plays almost year round and normally 5 days a week. As a pitcher/1st base on her TB she catches a lot of throws. She plays 2nd, SS, and 3rd also. She is her teams number one and is the utility when a infielder pitches. #2 is the first baseman.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Now I have a Allstar fastpitch catchers mitt. Infield gloves just feel loose and don’t feel like they will hold up at all to me. My DD plays almost year round and normally 5 days a week. As a pitcher/1st base on her TB she catches a lot of throws. She plays 2nd, SS, and 3rd also. She is her teams number one and is the utility when a infielder pitches. #2 is the first baseman.
Thanks for the input. I find the cheaper gloves can get flimsy very fast, but the higher quality ones will last a long time. I guess the old adage about getting what you pay for is true.

Jun 4, 2019
Does anyone on here have a dealer they go to for Wilson gloves. Really hate to buy from big chain stores

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802