Wide Width Molded Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
Any idea where I can get a pair of wide width molded cleats in a women size 8? My 9 year old DD has really wide feet. I was even looking of Zappos at baseball cleats and they had wide widths but they didn't start until size 11 or we're metal spikes.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Just something maybe to look into...My wife and I both used to use molded softball cleats...but they wore out so darn fast. We went to lacrosse cleats. Lighter, comfy and last much
longer. Plus, you can find much more variety and colors.

Just another option on your search..and you can find VERY cheap if you do older models. I just bought her 2 pair last week. 100 buck shoes, on clearance
for 25.

Last edited:

May 13, 2015
Just something maybe to look into...My wife and I both used to use molded softball cleats...but they wore out so darn fast. We went to lacrosse cleats. Lighter, comfy and last much
longer. Plus, you can find much more variety and colors.

Just another option on your search..and you can find VERY cheap if you do older models. I just bought her 2 pair last week. 100 buck shoes, on clearance
for 25.

My son has been wearing his lax cleats for football lately. A side bonus most lax cleats are all white and they are significantly cooler on turf fields than darker colored cleats.

May 13, 2015
Have you had her try on men’s cleats?

Women’s Normal - B Width
Women’s Wide - D Width
Men’s Normal - D Width
Men’s Wide - E Width

There can be 1.5-2 size differences between women’s and men’s so you will hav e to get the size equivalent figured out.

New Balance has women’s normal and wide, but not many stock the wide in stores so may have to order online.

Jun 19, 2016
Have you had her try on men’s cleats?

Women’s Normal - B Width
Women’s Wide - D Width
Men’s Normal - D Width
Men’s Wide - E Width

There can be 1.5-2 size differences between women’s and men’s so you will hav e to get the size equivalent figured out.

New Balance has women’s normal and wide, but not many stock the wide in stores so may have to order online.

This is what I did...New Balance Men's baseball cleats.

Jun 26, 2021
I recommend New Balance J4040PK4. My 13 year old daughter has very wide feet and high instep, after a bit of searching I found the right shoes for her and she says she loves them. These shoes are a bit more expensive than the average pair, but fit perfectly and make her baseball experience better.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Great advice on here so far...went through this also. I was going to suggest trying out New Balance, Men's cleats (just gotta spend some time trying on the different brand sizes) and we also used lacrosse cleats one year.

Jul 31, 2015
Regular cleats

If she's a pitcher

Ringor suggests ordering half a size larger than normal.

Jan 24, 2020
DD wears NB mens cleats, wider at same length than most women's cleats. Last time we went shopping for turfs she resisted looking at the Women's options and found a great clearance pair in the Men's because an 8.5 in Men's isn't nearly as popular as a 9.5 in Women's (which aren't as comfortable for her). A couple of pairs like that and a new bat or glove become much more financially palatable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802