Why are we playing on Friday?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Remember the question is, WHY are we playing on Friday Morning? Especially when logistically they could easily have local teams play one Friday night game and still get all the games in by Sunday 5:00 pm. Friday at 10:00 am is simply put ... a money grab. Unless somebody has a better explanation. Do the TDs care about STUDENTS/ athletes? Not so much. $$$$$$ is numero uno!

Aug 17, 2019
Don't know why they are doing it this way, but the weird thing is the brackets show that 14u, 16u, and 18u finals are all at Fountain Valley Sports Park at Sunday 8:30am. All the bracket play before the finals are on Saturday.

Sep 3, 2015
Don't know why they are doing it this way, but the weird thing is the brackets show that 14u, 16u, and 18u finals are all at Fountain Valley Sports Park at Sunday 8:30am. All the bracket play before the finals are on Saturday.

They did this in Arizona a few weeks ago also. Championship game at ASU Monday morning. It was cool for the players I guess, I would have rather just played it Sunday and went home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Hotels, anybody???? OK, give me a legit reason. FUN is not the answer.

Nov 5, 2014
Even more maddening is the NCAA tried to force them to cut back on this by changing the rules and only allowing D1 coaches to attend on Saturday/Sunday. Didn't stop the money grab by the tournament directors though.

*Obviously that doesn't impact this weekend as the live period has not started yet. Absolutely no reason to schedule games during school hours

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hotels, anybody???? OK, give me a legit reason. FUN is not the answer.
Seems your irritated about what other people WANT to do.

FUN is a GREAT REASON !

Life has choices...
Maybe take up knitting
Dont need to travel.
Dont need a hotel.
Dont need to knit during school hours.
🤪

Jun 8, 2016
I don't disagree that setting up Friday morning games during school is short-sighted and more than likely driven by money (most things are...). That said, take it up with your coach and/or don't let your DD play..eg control what you can control.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
"Fun" is rarely a great reason to do anything.

Except for the very, very few, there is no future in softball.

Letting kids miss school for something as trivial as softball is a terrible lesson in setting priorities.
Choices there choices!

Fun is an exceptional reason!
...just sayin people arent playing softball on friday because they are forced to...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee