Why are we playing on Friday?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 17, 2019
Well, it looks like the 18U division's schedule has changed and the earliest game on Friday is 3pm. For those coming from out of the area, it will save one night of hotel. semi-finals and finals are on Sunday now.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Well, it looks like the 18U division's schedule has changed and the earliest game on Friday is 3pm. For those coming from out of the area, it will save one night of hotel. semi-finals and finals are on Sunday now.
Well what do you know. They changed all the schedules. First games Friday 3 pm in all divisions. Maybe they were reading this thread. (I know they were). There you go PGF. You got better!

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I think some TD's pack too many teams in for the $$, but maybe also consider that they could be scheduling Friday pool games so that the semis and championship game aren't at like 8:00 PM on Sunday when many of the teams are from out of state and could have like an 8 hour drive home with school on Monday.

Having said that, careful planning to put local teams with Friday pool games starting at like 4:00 PM could serve the same purpose. Depends on how many teams you have coming from a significant distance, I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802