Which year Xeno was the best...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
disclaimer on the NCAA approved list: "Bat models listed herein are placed on the list by the manufacturer because the manufacturer believes them to be appropriate to the collegiate fastpitch game and in compliance with the NCAA Softball Playing Rules and batted ball exit speed standard of less than 98 mph. Placement of bats on the NCAA Approved Softball Bat List does not guarantee, or otherwise mean, compliance with USA Softball/NCAA standards. Such placement is based on manufacturers' representations that they do so comply, and institutions take on the risk that bats may not so comply. Manufacturers are responsible for, and liable for, any damages resulting from, any misrepresentations associated with the same."

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Very strange, but I have a feeling manufacturers could care less if they dont put old bats on that list then. I have a feeling
they have to pay to have a bat placed on the list just like they have to pay to get the USA stamp or USSSA stamp.
They know they arent trying to sell old bats anymore, so who cares if 2013 or 2014 bats arent there.
Same with Demarini Sprite drop11s. Wilson probably knows colleges arent using them, so why pay for it. Manufacturers
are only wanting to show their new stuff off anyway.

Thanks Tim...I actually never even looked at that list...always just looked at the USA list as thats what I mostly go by as I dont sell older
stuff either. And slowpitch doesnt have a separate list.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The 2011 Easton Stealth FP11ST10 is still on the USA bat list but got it’s 3rd strike with NCAA following the 2015 or 2016 season. The NCAA bat list definitely doesn’t follow the USA bat list. Like I mentioned earlier, I seen it first hand with my daughter and the 2017 Xeno this year
Easton also voluntarily yanked most of their older stealths off the USA list so I never even looked

Good call though...I never looked at the ncaa list at all

Jun 2, 2019
We were always a LXT family but I've still got a 2016 33" Xeno that's hot as a match!
Same here. Oldest Daughter grew out of her 2016 xeno which was 29/18 but it was the hottest bat she has ever had by a wide margin and crazy durable. Waiting for my younger daughter to grow into that bat yet…

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478