Which do you prefer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
One hand or two? Apparently is was pajama day but at least she got one her sneakers.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
I prefer the two handed. Her top hand comes off to soon after contact for my liking. I’m guessing she is more comfortable with the one handed finish. She over rotates a bit and the back shoulder comes and steals her head away on the two handed swing. The top hand off stops that from happening.

Feb 25, 2020
What does she do in game? I ask because I watch Trout be one handed in BP and then almost always 2 handed after he crushes one in game. Im just not sure it's something to train.

Edit for clips of Trout:

Nov 26, 2020
What does she do in game? I ask because I watch Trout be one handed in BP and then almost always 2 handed after he crushes one in game. Im just not sure it's something to train.
She just started giving it a try - she's probably taken less than 50 swings with a one handed finish. I like the way it looks early on.

Feb 25, 2020
She just started giving it a try - she's probably taken less than 50 swings with a one handed finish. I like the way it looks early on.

Nice. I think keeping the top hand can help keeps hitters from flying open(concur with Towny ).

Edit: it also helps with the Latta cue of the "top hand never stopping" which seems to be a great cue, personally, for my DD.

Oct 26, 2019
Nice. I think keeping the top hand can help keeps hitters from flying open(concur with Towny ).

Edit: it also helps with the Latta cue of the "top hand never stopping" which seems to be a great cue, personally, for my DD.
Good points - I think taking the top hand off can mask some other flaws. It happens sometimes in bp and games as a mid-swing adjustment, but not something I would intentionally do or not do.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I prefer the two handed. Her top hand comes off to soon after contact for my liking. I’m guessing she is more comfortable with the one handed finish. She over rotates a bit and the back shoulder comes and steals her head away on the two handed swing. The top hand off stops that from happening.
What swing are you looking at? There’s nothing close top being released to soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee