Where to watch College games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2013
To me, if you plan on watching a lot of games, ESPN+ is a no-brainer. My plan actually just renewed today, and went from $69/year to $99/year, so it did get more expensive.... But, they have tons of coverage. The quality of the broadcast can vary greatly.

For softball, there are 4 games live right now, and about 35 more to be shown today. I might be wrong, but I think every game of the WCWS was on ESPN+ last season???

I'm also an Iowa State alum, and a lot of the Big 12 basketball games (and other sports) are ESPN+ only, even top 20 matchups. So I use the app a lot.

DD graduated from ISU in 2019. Go Cyclones!

Nov 18, 2013
ESPN 3 has quite a few mid major games.

If there’s a particular team you’re interested in you might be able to find a free web stream from the university. More so for D2 & D3, but several D1’s offer free live streams as well.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I like watching mid major teams from other parts of the country that I am not familiar with. I saw a kid that pitched on DD's TB team on ESPN+. Her story is crazy. Left our team after the fall 2016 b/c of perceived lack of circle time. Not true. In all reality she was our 3/4th pitcher who threw spiny movement pitches with the coach splitting innings in every showcase.

She went to local D1 school for 3 years as a student and I saw she was an asst coach for a Blaze team. Last year she shows up on the roster of a local JUCO team and had a pretty decent spring season. Then we see she transfers as a 5th year grad student to a mid major just north of Houston and is on the roster. She got some mop up innings and got a W pitching .2 innings. Wondering if she will have 3 more years of eligibility after this year? Every journey is different and ya never know what's around the corner.

Apr 8, 2019
Very cool.

I'm currently watching the last inning of that Kentucky/Texas game where Texas ran out the clock by tying shoes over and over.
I get that gamesmanship is part of the game, but I thought this was going too far. Especially since they were playing for a tie, and it is literally the first week of the season.

Apr 1, 2017
I get that gamesmanship is part of the game, but I thought this was going too far. Especially since they were playing for a tie, and it is literally the first week of the season.
Bigger picture, was the overall schedule running way behind? If the difference in you making or missing your flight is an 8 or 9 inning game, instead of the planned 7, it seems like your travel coordinator is cutting things a little close.

Would one game (tie or a loss) create a clear cut difference when the seeding is done in a few months?

Oct 4, 2018
Bigger picture, was the overall schedule running way behind? If the difference in you making or missing your flight is an 8 or 9 inning game, instead of the planned 7, it seems like your travel coordinator is cutting things a little close.

Would one game (tie or a loss) create a clear cut difference when the seeding is done in a few months?

Apparently a rain out of the prior day led to this. I do agree, just get a different flight. But the original flight was certainly planned appropriately.

Part of the story is that Texas already lost earlier in the week and really didn't want to have a second loss this early in the season.

Oct 4, 2018
The commentators are cracking me up, as the female is recounting her travel ball days.

"We used to all tie our shoes a few times." :D

... and Kentucky. Sheesh. Texas isn't swinging to slow down the game, and she's throwing balls. And the catcher is making visits to the mound. Yikes. Now they walked a batter. Ugh.

Now the Texas batter calls timeout to get contact solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802