Where to purchase 11" balls? Which ones?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Looking to purchase a dozen or so 11" balls. Looking at the Worth Dream Seams with pro leather or Dudley. Any recommendations? Know of any sales? From what I am seeing it is about $80 per dozen.

Apr 8, 2013
Only recommendation is stay away from synthetic leather.

I like the Worth Dream Seam, Dudley, Champro, Wilson. Really comes down to personal preference, but keep in mind you may have to play with any of them depending on how your tournaments are. We have a lot where teams each supply a ball and so you can have two different brands in the same game. Lots of teams around here use the Sterling balls with the their logo on them, they are alright as well. In my bucket we have mix and match through the years and the quality balls are just that - quality, just stay away from synthetic.

edit: $80 per dozen is about right. I am wondering if at some point Worth will go on clearance as the Worth brand is phased out, or if they will sell at full price until they run out???

Dec 11, 2010
Take a look at the Evil balls.

I demo'd some 12" Evils and they really are nice. Have had some of their practice and slowpitch balls floating around my buckets for a couple years, again very nice. I got them used and they have been bullet proof.

Place to get them is a guy that goes by BobbyBuggs on softball fans.com

Mar 21, 2013
Anyone explain the difference between these two Dream Seam balls? One is a USSSA ball and the other is ASA, is there any difference in the construction or is it just different color seems and a different stamp on the ball?

Worth Pro Leather Official USSSA Dream Seam 11" Fastpitch So | Softball.com

https://www.amazon.com/Worth-Fastpi...5?s=team-sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1466028604&sr=1-5

Can't see the COR or compression on the USSSA ball. ASA stamped balls are probably the most universally used so you should be safe with that. Also, it is late in the season and I would think there should be ball sales starting soon. Google shop and you should find some deals.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Looking to purchase a dozen or so 11" balls. Looking at the Worth Dream Seams with pro leather or Dudley. Any recommendations? Know of any sales? From what I am seeing it is about $80 per dozen.

I have consistently found better pricing at Epic Sports. I normally order in large quantities for a league, so the price per ball is lower since shipping is spread out over several dozen. But for 1 dozen, I found the 11" Worth Dream-Seam (ASA) for $61.xx plus $10 shipping (to California). It's worth a look to see if it might save you a few dollars.

Epic Sports Softballs

Edit: Just to test it, I changed the order from 1 dozen to 2 dozen, and shipping went up to $10.92. From 2 dozen to 3 dozen, and shipping went up to $13.26. So it would be best to get one big order together and save on shipping.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2016
If pitching the dream seams are my favorite. if hitting the Decker Shark I just like more. As stated 100 times before leather only.
Look at the seams between the two. You can see why a pitcher would like the Worth. .040" to .060" in seam height difference.

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
Illinois
I ended up purchasing from Dick's Sporting Goods. They had a sale with 33% off if you order a dozen or more. Plus a $10 off coupon with a purchase of $50 or more, also had $10 bucks in rewards points so I ended up paying $53 bucks for a dozen Worth Dream Seam with Pro Leather (ASA version). My daughter is young playing with a 8u travel team as a 7 year old, so the girls don't really hit the ball all that hard yet, hopefully these balls hold up well for bp and practice.

Thanks for your responses.

May 13, 2015
I ended up purchasing from Dick's Sporting Goods. They had a sale with 33% off if you order a dozen or more. Plus a $10 off coupon with a purchase of $50 or more, also had $10 bucks in rewards points so I ended up paying $53 bucks for a dozen Worth Dream Seam with Pro Leather (ASA version). My daughter is young playing with a 8u travel team as a 7 year old, so the girls don't really hit the ball all that hard yet, hopefully these balls hold up well for bp and practice.

Thanks for your responses.

Looks like Dick's is out of the dream seam and dudleys in 12".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13