When you refuse to wear protection

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD hit a foul ball into her shin...again! I got her an evo shield for her ankle/foot but she is superstitious and won't wear it. This happened last Thursday but was able to keep on playing on the rest of the game and on Friday. I flew her home for Easter and her "cankle" was swollen with only a little discoloration. She sent these photos yesterday. She says. It only hurts when I touch it. Hey Kid, How would it feel if a ball touched it again??? Wear your damn evoshield!

foot.jpgfoot1.jpg

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That looks painful.

I'll give you a different example. My older daughter wears prescription glasses. Not a strong prescription, but she wears them for driving and sometimes in softball.

When her TN coach found out she wears glasses and wasn't wearing them on the field, she looked at her and said, "Don't you think those might help a bit?" rather sarcastically. What did she do in her next AB? Popped one out for a homer. The coach had a good laugh about that, but my dopey daughter still doesn't wear them all the time. Yes, it's frustrating. You give them the tools, and they still don't listen or use them.

Jun 7, 2020
Ouch. I hope she heals quick. Is she in college? I've seen grown men some in the MLB that have been dropped by a foul ball on their shin or ankle. It hurts pretty bad. I hope for a fast recovery.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Nasty bruise!

Here I thought by the thread title this was going to be about being an empty nester by the age of 40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3girlsDad