When to leave????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2022
At the end of the day, you need to do what's best for your daughter first. I know that when my daughter started playing travel at 8U I thought, "This is it, we'll be here until 18U". If you're old enough it's the same thought that a lot of us had getting our first "real" job after college - "I'll be here until I retire!" :)

But, situations change and sometimes you need to make a change. Sometimes it's due to fault and sometimes it's just due to circumstances. We have found ourselves making more moves than I would have liked over the past couple of years due to different circumstances, but we're at a good place now and hope to continue with the same group. What I've learned is that you always need to be looking for the best situation for your daughter. That doesn't mean that you have to be on the number 1 team, or be promised to play a specific position, but that you have to be at a place where your daughter feels comfortable and you feel that she is progressing as a player. It's all a balancing act. Just remember, you don't get the time back, it's better to leave a bad situation too soon rather than too late.

Good luck, I hope you find the right fit for your daughter.

Oct 10, 2018
Always put your child's well being first and foremost. From experience of having 2 kids playing sports and now 4 grandchildren, coaches/people won't
100% and the other parents will rat you out to get ahead with the coach so you have to be careful what you say on the sidelines. Last year for some unknown reason after 2 years coach took a disliking to our DD and as the summer wore on she was meaner and crueler to her. We spoke about it with the parents on the sidelines (we've known for 3 years) and one (or more) of them told the coach we were looking for a new team come July tryouts. She benched DD and would say things like "at least you're hitting, I could completely bench you". Benched 2 games and the third starts, benched again but hitting. First at bat she hit a triple and we left. Hissy quit or no, it was fabulous. She was on another, better, team in 3 days.

Feb 28, 2022
Well we left. Now the coach won’t release my DD from her USSSA roster.

Any idea how to get my DD off a USSSA team roster without the manager’s consent?

Aug 25, 2019
Well we left. Now the coach won’t release my DD from her USSSA roster.

Any idea how to get my DD off a USSSA team roster without the manager’s consent?
I may be wrong but I don't think that matters at all. You just have to be on a USSSA roster to play in USSSA tournament. My DD never was a guest player on a team, but her teams had guest players who were put on the USSSA roster for that weekend, then they went back to their other team.

Sep 3, 2015
I may be wrong but I don't think that matters at all. You just have to be on a USSSA roster to play in USSSA tournament. My DD never was a guest player on a team, but her teams had guest players who were put on the USSSA roster for that weekend, then they went back to their other team.

It may matter for Nationals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee