When to leave????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 28, 2022
It may matter for Nationals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So we have a few local team options for DD to play on. All of which know it’s only until the end of the season. The problem comes in when my DD plays at a tournament where her old team is also playing. IF the old coach doesn’t release her.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
So we have a few local team options for DD to play on. All of which know it’s only until the end of the season. The problem comes in when my DD plays at a tournament where her old team is also playing. IF the old coach doesn’t release her.

That's why you contact the state director ASAP and get her released. It shouldn't be a problem. Simple email requesting removal stating that you've attempted to contact the coach but he hasn't yet responded. No need to get into detail.

Unless your state works under a different set of rules than mine, a USSSA coach can't keep anyone from leaving. The only possible controversy is over something the coach claims you might owe him. Still, the state director doesn't have any dog in that fight, and I'd be really surprised if any state director wants to get involved with that.

If there's some delay and you encounter the problem of facing your old team in a tournament, advise the team you're guesting with to contact the tournament director and explain the situation up front. Very likely it goes in your favor.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021
Well we left. Now the coach won’t release my DD from her USSSA roster.

Any idea how to get my DD off a USSSA team roster without the manager’s consent?
You did the right thing. Sometimes the situation isn't right and it is time to move on. I count myself lucky we have only had to do that once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802