When The Org “Hissy Quits”!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Sometimes it is the org head that hissy quits!

Attached below is the email sent out by an org head disbanding a team dd was on last summer.

The email came out DURING the post game meeting after being eliminated from a tournament. The head coach was doing his normal 35 minute bloviating about how upset he was that the players let him down personally and how they Need To WANT IT and WORK HARDER etc. He didn’t know this was coming either, lol. While the meeting was happening, the parents started looking at their phones, murmuring amongst themselves and walking over to get their daughters. I wasn’t there. My wife and daughter didn’t stay to see it but apparently some people were really upset.

This was my daughters last travel ball game. She had played since she was 8. There were no hugs, no handshakes for a great travel ball career, no congratulations, no well wishes, no team pictures. It was just over with a 10 hour drive to get home.

Here is the email. I deleted identifying info.

Last week I announced we would be going to _______________ Nationals.

Since that time, the following has occurred:

- One of the main Pitchers for the team has an arm injury that has put her out indefinitely

- Some Seniors on the team have had Graduation plans come up given some loosening of COVID 19 restrictions and decided to do those instead of softball.

- Some players who are NON Seniors, have taken on a trend of simply picking and choosing when and which events they choose to show up on, and which ones they decide they are going to play in....providing no real explanations for why they are missing. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY VERY IRRESPONSIBLE AND A DETRIMENT TO THE "TEAM" and its ability to play in events. Thats also just not going to work here any longer. Some seniors pulled this BS too during the Summer as well, continually making it difficult. I will be re-evaluating some of these instances that occurred with the Non-Seniors on this team, to assess whether __________ is still a good fit going forward.

Given the facts listed above, Ive made the unfortunate and disappointing decision to END this team's season and disband the team. First time Ive had to do this in my entire time running Organizations.

The Seniors on the Team will not have to pay the final installment of Club Fees obviously.

I will be moving some players from this team too the ____________ Team to supplement that roster, as they are only down to 10 players on their roster. I will be contacting those players tomorrow. They will continue their Summer season with that team.

If you are NOT a Senior, and you do NOT get a phone call from me tomorrow moving you to the _________^^^Team, your Summer Season with __________ is Over as well.

Should you be in that situation, you are welcome to guest play with other teams thru July to fill your gap. Your final Summer Club Fee payment will turn into your Fall Deposit, should you choose to return for the Fall.

To our Seniors on this team, we wish you the BEST OF LUCK IN COLLEGE, AND WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO ______________. YOU ALL WERE A VALUED PLAYER FOR THIS CLUB, AND I CANT THANK U ENOUGH. AGAIN, GOOD LUCK TOO ALL OF YOU, WE WILL BE WATCHING YOU IN COLLEGE PLAY BALL FOR SURE. Hopefully you can use this newly found free time to spend with family and get ready for your arrival to College

If you didn’t notice, here’s what he said:

Season is over, your team is disbanded.
I’ll put a few of you on another team.
I‘ll call you if you are on that team.
If you don’t get a call, you aren’t on the team.
If you are a Senior, thanks for paying your dues, adios.

So- dd wasn’t age eligible to play on the team he was taking a few players for. It was just over for her. The reason that there were openings in July on THAT team is the head coach of that team Hissy Quit and took players with him.

It’s all fun and games, people. All fun and games.
My comment is
The fluxuation of peoples commitment is noticeably evident,

Have now implemented the strongest/rigid standards regarding $$$ for lessons and attendance which were never needed befor.

In the past people didnt abuse the guidelines, rather recognized the guidelines helped in times of need, not times of want.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018
What's insane about this whole thing is I still got an invoice for that payment installment even though we didnt come back.

I wasnt aware of the bait and switch kind of explains a few things, we were told to not attend a certain camp though which we listened and come to find out that school actually had interest in my dd, but it was to late.

Dont know who the poster is but hope all is well as my dd was part of this same ordeal. Sometimes the org head gets in his own way, he's built something great and my daughter played in front of an ungodly amount of coaches a majority D1, but as stated he just gets in his own way at times.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
It's insane what we (parents) have put up with and gone through because of jackass, egomaniacal coaches and org heads. That comment is not restricted to any particular level of ball and the stories and BS is across the board...sure there are douchebag parents, players, umps and tourney directors as well. Just a little slice of life I guess. It's almost too painful to re-tell some of the stories.

Dec 11, 2010
What a tangled web we weave. Good lord, that's quite a story.

Glad it worked out for you..........it did work out in a positive way right?
It did work out for her. I actually left some stuff out- it was a pretty crazy situation. I actually didn’t set out to write all that. I saw a couple recent posts by the org head and it reminded me of it. I went back to the email to see if I was remembering it right!

Dec 11, 2010
My comment is
The fluxuation of peoples commitment is noticeably evident,

Have now implemented the strongest/rigid standards regarding $$$ for lessons and attendance which were never needed befor.

In the past people didnt abuse the guidelines, rather recognized the guidelines helped in times of need, not times of want.
Rad, do you use Venmo or something like that for players/parents to pay? It works really well- they can send money AND you can send a request for payment if they don’t show up or if they forget to pay you.

I also want to say dd showed up for every weekend and practice. I don’t have any idea who on the team was not coming to play. I truly did not notice it.

Dec 11, 2010
This really stinks.

But “10 hour drive home”! Anything over 5 and we’re flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because of covid we weren’t sure of our schedule from week to week. Also, we only have a regional airport close by so by the time we connect we burn most of 10 hours anyway.

@WI Dad, a lot of stuff happened that I didn’t understand at the time.

A parent that is in the know told me about the bait and switch type stuff. Another also told me that the “worst thing that could happen is (the org head) hears that a college is interested in your kid”. Yet another told me that a lot of college coaches aren’t real fond of him but they deal with him because he has some good players.

Even after hearing that, it took me awhile to piece together what had happened.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Rad, do you use Venmo or something like that for players/parents to pay? It works really well- they can send money AND you can send a request for payment if they don’t show up or if they forget to pay you.

I also want to say dd showed up for every weekend and practice. I don’t have any idea who on the team was not coming to play. I truly did not notice it.
No issue collecting $$$

Rather attendance fluxuating on commitment to a paid for schedule.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802