WHAT WINS GAMES

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

what wins games

• More Hits

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Less Errors

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Too Hard Of A Question:)

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
Feb 5, 2019
I voted hits. I'll take a 12-10 win with 6 errors on my team. You just need to score one more run then them.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Timely hits!!

Of course it's a combination of everything else mentioned here, but a late inning timely hit with a girl in scoring position definitely wins games!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Based on your criteria, hits makes the most sense. Only because "errors" doesn't include pitching mistakes. However, with a high LOB count, hits do you no good.....I'm changing my answer to "too hard of a question" . :)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Based my vote on watching the middle school commit 18ish errors in 5 games. In our case the errors also demoralized our hitters.
Bazinga!🎉 Too adding this to discussion!
Like this commenting about team dynamics...
Its said that hitting is contagious,
Errors can seem to be also.
Example when one hit has 3 errors on the field.
1. The bobble fielding
2. The overthrow/dropped throw
3. Back up miss plays it & bad throw again/dropped throw at tag.

Screenshot_2021-08-23-07-31-26-1.png

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Based on your criteria, hits makes the most sense. Only because "errors" doesn't include pitching mistakes. However, with a high LOB count, hits do you no good.....I'm changing my answer to "too hard of a question" . :)
Just thot to share to the point of pitching errors and the books.
After catching many pitchers
My comment is
Pitchers who i caught at 14u & up, they all had control
and awareness to know
when they threw an
un-intended meatball

They new it was an error ;)

The books just dont always describe/show the entire game!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I voted "less errors". Ultimately, the biggest factor is confidence, IMO. If you believe something bad is going to happen, more than likely, it will. But if you truly believe the opposite, you have a chance. Errors will weaken a team's confidence. Hits will strengthen it. However, I believe the errors have a larger impact.

@RichK answered "pitching", and I really cannot argue with that answer. But as the dad of a pitcher, I know what impact your defense has on your pitching. DD was never a shutdown pitcher, but she has a knack for getting outs. In high school ball, her defense was a sieve. After a while, it started impacting her. She tried to be too perfect in order to offset the deficiencies, and that wasn't her game. By comparison, her travel team had an excellent defense. Even when she struggled at her job, the team behind her tended to make her look good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12