What were your impressions of the 2019 DeMarini Carbon Candy composite bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I had an old Easton bat that I had been using as a BP bat and sometimes game bat crack on me from using it (not my 2019 Ghost. I would have been heartbroken if that happened to my Ghost, lol.) So I am looking to replace it. A friend's sister (plays 16U) has a DeMarini Carbon Candy bat in 34/24 (she's not a small girl at 5'8 and 155 pounds). She's been out with us to the batting cages and she's used the bat and didn't like it so she's thinking of selling it. The bat has been used but you really can't tell by looking at the bat that it's been used. I'm thinking about buying it off of her for $200 but am not sure if I should take the plunge. So, I'm wondering what you guy's impressions have been with the bat if your DD's have been using it? I've kinda liked DeMarini bats and have used them in the past. I'm just not sure about this model.

Apr 28, 2019
I had an old Easton bat that I had been using as a BP bat and sometimes game bat crack on me from using it (not my 2019 Ghost. I would have been heartbroken if that happened to my Ghost, lol.) So I am looking to replace it. A friend's sister (plays 16U) has a DeMarini Carbon Candy bat in 34/24 (she's not a small girl at 5'8 and 155 pounds). She's been out with us to the batting cages and she's used the bat and didn't like it so she's thinking of selling it. The bat has been used but you really can't tell by looking at the bat that it's been used. I'm thinking about buying it off of her for $200 but am not sure if I should take the plunge. So, I'm wondering what you guy's impressions have been with the bat if your DD's have been using it? I've kinda liked DeMarini bats and have used them in the past. I'm just not sure about this model.
I can’t speak to the performance of the CC but I will say $200 is too much. Many 2019 bats are being dumped on EBay now. I have seen CC’s go for as low as $125.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Def not 200 bucks. She is looking to move it and its a 34/24. I don't think demand is very high for it.
You can find it brand new for 170, so figure in that it's used AND used in batting cages.
I would be much closer to the 100-125 price.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Def not 200 bucks. She is looking to move it and its a 34/24. I don't think demand is very high for it.
You can find it brand new for 170, so figure in that it's used AND used in batting cages.
I would be much closer to the 100-125 price.

I really wasn't sure if $200 was high. It sounded a little too much to me but really didn't know. I might try to negotiate with her. I also found a bat pack deal online for $349 and they'd be brand new. So I don't know which way to go.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I really wasn't sure if $200 was high. It sounded a little too much to me but really didn't know. I might try to negotiate with her. I also found a bat pack deal online for $349 and they'd be brand new. So I don't know which way to go.

Just remember, they are packaging together for one thing, to move two bats that they need gone and get you to spend
350 bucks instead of buying one bat...haha. Packages aren't bad if you know somebody taking the other one. A lot
of times you do it just because the deal looks good and not because you really need both...but money is gone :)

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Just remember, they are packaging together for one thing, to move two bats that they need gone and get you to spend
350 bucks instead of buying one bat...haha. Packages aren't bad if you know somebody taking the other one. A lot
of times you do it just because the deal looks good and not because you really need both...but money is gone :)

I just looked again at that same site and they also have the single bats in the same model for $200. I may have to check out either Dunham's or Dick's and see what they have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812