What to do next year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
I don't think I agree w/ Rocketech1 that the MLB coach is a negative, but I wouldn't assume it's a positive either.

My comment was "tongue in cheek" and if it wasn't for former baseball players (i.e. dads) coaching girls softball, there would be LOTS fewer fastpitch teams. With that said, I have coached with many former baseball guys and they have a lot to learn about the game of softball (e.g. 1st base plays behind the bag, no small ball, awful pitch calling, etc.). Some are great but it took years for them to get there, I just wouldn't put much clout in a former MLB player as head coach unless he can help fund raise lots of $$ for the team :)

Mar 1, 2016
Forget about the travel time for practice. We do what is necessary for our DD's because we love them and want what's best for them, right? We travel 2 hours each way 3x/week for my daughter to be on the right team for her. I would LOVE to just travel that distance 2x/month. At the end of the day, just do what is best for your daughter and forget about what you would personally prefer or what would be easier for you. Remember that it's about the girls, not us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
My comment was "tongue in cheek" and if it wasn't for former baseball players (i.e. dads) coaching girls softball, there would be LOTS fewer fastpitch teams. With that said, I have coached with many former baseball guys and they have a lot to learn about the game of softball (e.g. 1st base plays behind the bag, no small ball, awful pitch calling, etc.). Some are great but it took years for them to get there, I just wouldn't put much clout in a former MLB player as head coach unless he can help fund raise lots of $$ for the team :)

Sorry, misunderstood. Agree fully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13