What to do during long practices?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2019
15 yo DD is now on a team that is an hour away and has 2 practices a week, one is 3 1/2 hours long and the other is 2 1/2 hours long. I'm trying to figure out how to use all of that free time. I could go grocery shopping if I bring a large cooler with me, but I'm wondering what other people have done when their kids have long practices.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Normally read a book.

If I am curious about practice it will be in the stands, which did not happen very often. Usually in the parking lot, with car facing away from field, or a near by establishment drinking sprit.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
No, they might want you to throw the ball back to them. OK shagging balls but me trying to throw the ball back does not reflect well on DD. It would help if the coaches would move off the fence a little bit to give me a window.

Feb 1, 2021
Our practices were in a city much larger than my own. All the crap I used to order online for my Jeep, well, they actually had a showroom in that city. I'd spend the week coming up with my list then I'd go hit up the off-road shop during practice.

May 10, 2021
Bring some good walking shoes. Depending on your facility, lots of room to get a good walk in while remaining in sight of the practice. Also can hang around and chase down errant throws, foul balls, etc. that leave the park.
I have been walking on the track at the football field adjacent to the softball field during practice.
Other times I go and get a meat lovers omelette and then nap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802