What to do after testing positive for COVID-19

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Today was supposed to be the big day. Today was supposed to be the day I started my first college softball game...albeit not at my natural position (catcher) but was supposed to play one of my secondary positions (third).

It started Tuesday afternoon after practice. We went to the athletic building to get a shower, bite to eat and sit down and study for a little. It was announced, we needed to be tested for COVID before leaving Thursday Night to travel to Florida. I went to get tested like I have done several times before. Pulled my mask down and left the tech stick the testing swab in my pierced nose to take a sample. We went into the athletic building to board the bus to go to the airport to travel to Florida when I was called to the coach's office. I didn't have a clue as to what was going on. She sat me down and told me I wasn't traveling to Florida and that I had to quarantine because I tested positive for covid. I grabbed my bag and went back to my dorm, disappointed I couldn't travel with the team.

I'm now sitting in the dorm, taking classes over the internet, not sure what to do with myself. I can't go anywhere. I can't do anything. I talked to my quadmates, and I found out one of us has covid as well.

If any of you guys tested positive, what did you guys do to pass the time? When I'm not studying, I'm usually sitting here watching stuff over my parent's dish network account, doing some online shopping or eating.

I'm just hoping the time passes quickly so I can test negative again and get back to softball.

Oh, and PS...I did follow the CDC guidelines and wore my mask and social distanced and everything else we were supposed to do.

Jul 31, 2015
If you feel OK go outside and take a walk when there’s no one around. Like in the rain or at night, as long as it’s safe.

Also, you may test positive for quite some time even though you won’t be contagious after a week or two. Be sure to ask your coaches about what it will take for you to return...push back if they require a negative test. That’s no longer the proper standard.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Sorry Gabby, China virus sucks!! My symptoms started Christmas Eve night (on that Thursday) so I couldn't get tested until the following Monday.....positive!

I cut grass, worked on cars, worked on mowers, somewhat cleaned the garage :rolleyes:, cleared and cleaned the brush behind our backyard fence, and then unknowingly to the GM over my job, I came into work every night around 8:30/9:00 and worked until around midnight EVERY night! No phones, no crybaby techs, pitch black dark inside, I got so much work done that it spoiled me, didn't want to come back to normal working hours!

Sorry you didn't get to play, or travel with your teammates! Hope you get back to negative very soon!

Jan 27, 2021
I setup a home office in the laundry room and “worked”. Mainly I watched a lot of YouTube videos and made sure the bird feeder was full. They were the most interesting

Jun 11, 2012
DD tested positive right after NYE. She only tested because her friend who she was with on New Years Eve tested positive.
she was alone at her off campus apartment for her isolation. She had no real symptoms but she watched a lot of Netflix and did yoga on YouTube videos since she couldn’t go run or go to the gym.

Oct 4, 2018
Bummer. Sorry to hear it.

It must be really hard to be at college and not get Covid.

Sleep, watch Netflix, read, sleep more, study. Get well soon.

Aug 20, 2017
Don’t just lay around. You might feel down for a day or two. Rest and drink plenty of fluids on those days.

When you get to feeling better do softball stuff around the house if possible. Exercise and all that. When you get out of quarantine be ready to roll. Hang in there! It will be over soon and you can get back playing! Wish you the best!

Last edited by a moderator:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Gabby is a good kid, and I feel for her. She is sincerely asking for help. On the other hand, some people want to share the usual crap and misinformation that we have been deleting for eleven long, long months.

SO: If your post is about "What to do to kill time with Covid", fine.

BUT: If you want to write something else, I will delete it faster than you can say, "severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802