What is the yearly attrition rate?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Larry Bird left Indiana University after a few weeks there and picked up garbage before going to Indiana State the next year.. :p

Reactions: #10
Jun 8, 2016
:

"The 6'9 Bird played outfield and first base in softball and had a good home run stroke. One source said he hit 12 home runs in 20 Terre Haute city-league games before his senior year. Softball was not without peril for a man who hoped to make a future living shooting basketballs, however. Bird seriously injured a finger during a softball game, either before his senior season or during the summer before starting in the NBA. He was playing left field and charged a sinking line drive. Some say he got his right hand in the mitt too soon, some say he dove and the right hand twisted under his tumbling body. Afterwards, the index finger on his right hand, his shooting hand, was forever misshapen and unbendable. Bird never said anything about the injury publicly, but Boston fans noticed the peculiar angle of the finger when he shot free throws and he later admitted that he was forced to rework his shot."

bird finger.jpg

:LOL:

Nov 18, 2013
Just curious, they graduated in a degree in what? The reason I ask is I recently met a former stud D1 softball player that after graduating from this stellar University was driving an ambulance for a living. Nothing wrong with driving an ambulance (God's work) but after 4 years of College I would hope for a more marketable skill set.

DD got a degree in engineering, there was a criminal justice, a communication, a business and two kinesiology.

The NCAA releases annual data about student athletes. With the exception of basketball, female athletes have higher graduation rates and a higher percentage are in STEM majors than the overall student population.

May 16, 2016
90% attrition seems high... but when you consider only about 60% of all freshman are going to actually graduate with a bachelors degree, it's probably about right.