What does your HS provide?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2016
this would be a no go for DD and I . fit of gear is essential, and honestly helmet is very personal item to her. do not want anyone adjustting straps, etc. which is why, and it may seem snobbish, she does not let anyone else wear her gear. and colors are nuetral (all white/gray/silver), so color is not an issue.

Not a choice. The good thing is he catcher is given her own gear for the season, so they are able to adjust it to fit. But it is nowhere near the quality of what she has, and since she played JV last year was fairly old.

Feb 24, 2021
My oldest graduated two years ago from a private high school and all they provided were the jerseys. Each girl had to supply her own pants, socks, bat bag, etc. I had assumed it would be the same for my youngest who is a freshman at a public high school. Wrong. She came home loaded up. Brand new huge bat bag, new helmet, new pants and jerseys, windbreaker (I'm assuming that she returns all those) and then a personalized warm up jacket, t-shirt, and socks that she keeps.
What does your high school provide?

We provide game jerseys, socks, pants, belts and practice gear. Because we're in Georgia and we play in the latter part of Summer and Fall, we don't do windbreakers because we play in heat and humidity. They're also supplied with their own equipment bag that they have to turn in (along with the pants, jersey and belt) at the end of the season but they get to keep the socks and practice gear. We also supply catchers equipment (although we did have one young lady bring her own gear) and they have to supply their gloves and shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802