West Tx A&M D2 Champs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
How cool is this? The Buffs (DD's 16U asst coach played there) finished 5th in the Lone Star Conference (I think the toughest conference in D2 )this season, but goes on to win it all. Biola only hit 8 Hr's as a team with one player hitting 7. Must have been their pitching. Austin Paige with BU had 175 K's with a 157 innings.

This helps support my argument for an expansion of the NCAA FBS Football Bowl Series. Only thing that matters is that your team is playing great ball when it counts...at the end. 4 teams is stupid. Expand it 10 teams with the top 2 teams getting a bye the first round.

Nov 18, 2013
The Buff’s HC and AC were DD’s travel coaches in 14U. He was her pitching coach for a couple years too. He’s one of the best coaches I’ve seen.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Biola looked tough in game 1 that I watched. I thought the announcer stated this was the first time they were eligible for post-season play. Quite a run. Congrats to WTAM.

Jun 8, 2016
How cool is this? The Buffs (DD's 16U asst coach played there) finished 5th in the Lone Star Conference (I think the toughest conference in D2 )this season, but goes on to win it all. Biola only hit 8 Hr's as a team with one player hitting 7. Must have been their pitching. Austin Paige with BU had 175 K's with a 157 innings.

This helps support my argument for an expansion of the NCAA FBS Football Bowl Series. Only thing that matters is that your team is playing great ball when it counts...at the end. 4 teams is stupid. Expand it 10 teams with the top 2 teams getting a bye the first round.
I don’t mind expanding FBS but at best there are 5 or 6 teams that have a chance every year (and that might be pushing it considering I cannot remember if the 4th seed has ever won it..) Big time college football is not D2 softball...

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Biola looked tough in game 1 that I watched. I thought the announcer stated this was the first time they were eligible for post-season play. Quite a run. Congrats to WTAM.
Yep, they were NAIA and made the switch last year but weren't eligible for post season play after the move (which worked out okay considering the COVID season). Pretty strong run for them this year!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
One of DD's former teammates plays for them this year. Heck of a run!
Yep, my DD's played with and against her since early Rec ball, Basketball too. It's fun to watch all these players that we've competed with now playing in College (DD's included of course)!

Aug 19, 2012
The game within a game always interesting. Paige Austin had been great all week and won the opener in a shut out, her third at the WS. Game 2 they go to a different starter. Not sure if that was to save Austin if needed for a third game or some other theory but it didn't play out as planned. Sometimes as coaches we do out think ourselves.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Sad for Biola. My DD played two years of HS ball with Rae Roybal, caught her senior year.
Great run for them being this is only their second year at DII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812