Wesleigh’s swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
Don’t know how to make video show without using link or if the links even work, first time I have tried to post a video.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
I would tell her to hit tee height line drives(off soft toss, front toss everything). Looks like she is kinda dropping underneath to try to hit it in the air.

Those links work fine.

Oct 2, 2017
I asked my 11yr DD what she would have her work on. I try and let her analyze herself on video to see how much of the swing she understands. She stated stay more in the rear heel and keep the hands more inside and and closer to the body, Because she's getting the hands to far extended out from her body. 🤷

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I would tell her to hit tee height line drives(off soft toss, front toss everything). Looks like she is kinda dropping underneath to try to hit it in the air.

Those links work fine.

I think her pelvis is out of position w the soft toss swings. Her tee work is much better. Maybe something to do w her ‘load’. In regards to a better path.

May 13, 2021
I agree, I think the swings on the T look better. To me it looks like she try’s to twist her shoulders on the soft toss which gets everything out of line.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
2021-1108-back-0.00.00.00.png

1. During the stride forward, she goes backwards. Her head goes back past her back foot.

2. This is partly because when she starts her move, she hikes her front hip upward. Dont do that. Pick up the front knee only, and rotate the front hip inward aggressively as you are moving forward.

3. Then you can work on the bat drag. Must have a flat rear forearm at toe touch, and never let the hands go behind the back elbow.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I agree, I think the swings on the T look better. To me it looks like she try’s to twist her shoulders on the soft toss which gets everything out of line.

i think it’s more what she isn’t doing from tee to toss that gives the results you’re seeing in regards to the shoulders during toss.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I never liked side toss. I think it often has hitter reaching early. If you are going to do it try to get at about a 45 degree angle toss. Be careful. Better yet, buy a screen ($50) and do front toss. efastball observations and comments are a good place to start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802