Well I found it amusing.... ITB and opposition chanting during IBB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I'm not a fan of the chants even though the teams i coach do them. I prefer cheering on of your teamates and then maybe as momentum swings to get loud in the dugout but only in Positive ways for your teamates.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I'm not a fan of the chants either. My DD's first select game a few years ago was the first time i had heard them. We got smoked and they chanted the whole game, which drove me nuts. The girls like them and they are there to have fun so I just try to block the chants out.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
At least the girls who are chanting are paying attention to the game. DD 3 complained once that the girls on her rec ball team were on their smart phones in the dugout instead of paying attention to the game. Her TB coach has banned smart phones during games.

Mar 1, 2013
At least the girls who are chanting are paying attention to the game. DD 3 complained once that the girls on her rec ball team were on their smart phones in the dugout instead of paying attention to the game. Her TB coach has banned smart phones during games.

They can't have those anyway, by the rules. They should be put away and not brought out while the game is in progress.

Aug 12, 2014
At least the girls who are chanting are paying attention to the game.

But a lot of the time they aren't because they are more interested in doing the cheers. There have been times when I've tried to get the girls attention (this is 12U rec) to talk about something that just happened on the field, and if I can get them to listen, they have no idea what I'm talking about because they didn't see it.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I didn’t really hear them either but to be honest I was yelling at the umpires at lot so it would have been hard to hear anything.

Jan 23, 2014
Any women complaining about the chants? It's fun for the girls, and isn't that kind of what it's about? Having fun? That being said, I cannot stand any cheer that can be seen in any way demeaning and the girls on DDs team do a good job of not doing the mean ones.

Jan 23, 2014
Also, I think the reason it may stop between 14-18 is that age thinks they are so cool and too mature for that nonsense. When you get to college you begin to realize you aren't too cool for everything and acting silly when you can makes life a little more fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPop