Wasserman high level pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2020
Anyone have any experience with Wasserman high level pitching? My daughter just got it and is working through some of the drills now. We were able to identify a few things that she needed to work on and there were drills included that were designed to help. She just started, but what she is doing in the drills don't really carry over to her full motion. It probably needs more time and work but was curious of the experience others might have had that have been using it longer? I couldn't find much info on the high level pitching product but the high level throwing one seemed to be well liked.

Aug 11, 2022
Anyone have any experience with Wasserman high level pitching? My daughter just got it and is working through some of the drills now. We were able to identify a few things that she needed to work on and there were drills included that were designed to help. She just started, but what she is doing in the drills don't really carry over to her full motion. It probably needs more time and work but was curious of the experience others might have had that have been using it longer? I couldn't find much info on the high level pitching product but the high level throwing one seemed to be well liked.
Most drills adversely effect your motion by breaking them down too much . The pitching motion should be smooth and fluid and explosive .,from the pre motion to the explosive take off. when you break the pitch down into segments its choppy and stiff. I was my daughters pitching Coach from 9 on she received 4 D1 full ride offers. you have to pitch every other day 12 months out of the year or your not serious about pitching. Beware of the youtube trained self proclaimed pitching coaches.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

I can't speak to the effectiveness of any specific drills in the program, but from watching the video on the High Level Pitching page, all those pitchers seem to be doing things the right way from an arm circle standpoint. Based on everything else Wasserman has, I'd say it's probably good.

That said, I'd probably go with Rick Pauly's program or Amanda Scarborough's program instead. They're more established. Their stuff works. I can't see any reason to go with just Wasserman in this case when some of the other proven good stuff is also out there.

Feb 6, 2020
I can't speak to the effectiveness of any specific drills in the program, but from watching the video on the High Level Pitching page, all those pitchers seem to be doing things the right way from an arm circle standpoint. Based on everything else Wasserman has, I'd say it's probably good.

That said, I'd probably go with Rick Pauly's program or Amanda Scarborough's program instead. They're more established. Their stuff works. I can't see any reason to go with just Wasserman in this case when some of the other proven good stuff is also out there.
We have used several of Rick Pauly's program also and they were very helpful. I was looking for weight training info actually and was how I ended up with Wasserman along with a recommendation from someone that had done the throwing program. I'll plan on revisiting and maybe adding more from Rick Pauly's program this fall and winter also. I might have jumped into some of the more advanced stuff from Pauly's program to soon and should have spent more time on the basics potentially.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
We have used several of Rick Pauly's program also and they were very helpful. I was looking for weight training info actually and was how I ended up with Wasserman along with a recommendation from someone that had done the throwing program. I'll plan on revisiting and maybe adding more from Rick Pauly's program this fall and winter also. I might have jumped into some of the more advanced stuff from Pauly's program to soon and should have spent more time on the basics potentially.

I think your plan here is probably a good way to go, especially since Wasserman seems very good with the strength/fitness element.

Pauly for the basics and the real "how to pitch" stuff, Wasserman as supplemental material.

Apr 8, 2019
Most drills adversely effect your motion by breaking them down too much . The pitching motion should be smooth and fluid and explosive .,from the pre motion to the explosive take off. when you break the pitch down into segments its choppy and stiff. I was my daughters pitching Coach from 9 on she received 4 D1 full ride offers. you have to pitch every other day 12 months out of the year or your not serious about pitching. Beware of the youtube trained self proclaimed pitching coaches.
I subscribed to Rugged Fast pitch for a while. I don't recall their exact affiliation to Wasserman, but I was under the impression that they worked together to create the pitching platform. If they aren't the same thing, they are at least very similar and use the same overarching concepts. Jen Numan is the owner of Rugged and I believe she was a Tincher instructor for a while.

The info is sound, but your thoughts are correct, it was broken down into such tiny little pieces that my daughter ended up overthinking and really struggled with it. That being said, you will definitely get a lot of information and it might work well for other girls.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
"you have to pitch every other day 12 months out of the year or your not serious about pitching."
Please, I am not looking for an argument but I do think that anyone who is starting on the pitching path should at least be aware that there are instructors here who may not agree with this statement, from both a physical and mental point of view. I would be one of those.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Most drills adversely effect your motion by breaking them down too much .
I get your point, but not all drills are bad. E.g., walkthroughs are a great drill.

I was my daughters pitching Coach from 9 on she received 4 D1 full ride offers.
Good for her.

you have to pitch every other day 12 months out of the year
A D1 pitcher has to pitch a lot. My DD was all-conference D1. She pitched about 40 weeks out of the year. In the two month run-up to HS season, she would pitch 3 to 4 times a week. During the season, it was more "catch as catch can."

or your not serious about pitching.
So? If she's not "serious" she shouldn't look for help? Or what?

Most people involved in youth sports are there for the kids. The kids have all kinds of different expectations. Coaches should help the kids do what they want to do, not try to define for them how to live their life.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
"you have to pitch every other day 12 months out of the year or your not serious about pitching."
Please, I am not looking for an argument but I do think that anyone who is starting on the pitching path should at least be aware that there are instructors here who may not agree with this statement, from both a physical and mental point of view. I would be one of those.

The object of the game is to have fun. Working hard on anything in life is a good thing. Always trying to be 1% better every day at everything.

It has nothing to do with pitching every other day, 12 months out of the year.

I like when they mention it as a career. How much money did you make, I mean spend on the game.🤷‍♂️ It’s fun, nothing more. It creates lessons, is competitive and fun. I mean why work hard if you don’t love the game?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598