Vinci custom sale

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
This could probably be a separate thread, but I have to give a shoutout to Vinci's customer service. Back at the end of October we ordered a custom catcher's mitt for DD. we received the glove just before Christmas, but they had made a mistake when making the glove. We ordered a right-hand throw, and a right-hand glove arrived. A quick call to Vinci and they had an Optimus built for no upcharge. The glove arrived yesterday and DD is super thrilled. This glove is going to be a beast to break in. So happy that Vinci has such awesome customer service. When I asked if they'd send a return label so I can send back the wrong glove, they said to keep it. If anyone knows a left-handed catcher that wants a really nice glove, message me.
Somewhat similar experience here but it was with Drakemir (one of the Vinci reps here on DFP that sorta took over the biz when CaseDawg stepped away). Had a couple of snafu's during the ordering process and in turn they offered to upgrade the glove to an Optimus hybrid. Really nice glove that my DD will have forever.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
This could probably be a separate thread, but I have to give a shoutout to Vinci's customer service. Back at the end of October we ordered a custom catcher's mitt for DD. we received the glove just before Christmas, but they had made a mistake when making the glove. We ordered a right-hand throw, and a right-hand glove arrived. A quick call to Vinci and they had an Optimus built for no upcharge. The glove arrived yesterday and DD is super thrilled. This glove is going to be a beast to break in. So happy that Vinci has such awesome customer service. When I asked if they'd send a return label so I can send back the wrong glove, they said to keep it. If anyone knows a left-handed catcher that wants a really nice glove, message me.
Can you post a few pictures? I have a customer looking for a LH catcher's mitt.

Dec 11, 2021
Can you post a few pictures? I have a customer looking for a LH catcher's mitt.
Here you go. I have done nothing yet to break in the glove. DD's name is stitched on the black mesh part, but that should be easy to remove.

Attachments

• 20230123_151351.jpg
    20230123_151351.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230123_151358.jpg
    20230123_151358.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230123_151420.jpg
    20230123_151420.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 26
Apr 8, 2019
Here you go. I have done nothing yet to break in the glove. DD's name is stitched on the black mesh part, but that should be easy to remove.
I'm normally not a fan of the multicolored gloves, but this one is really sharp.

Nov 18, 2015
@ANNASDAD - does the lack of a finger hood cancel out the velcro wrist strap, or is there a weighting to your glove preferences? :)

And as Mets fan, I also like that leather color - it's not as "bright" as other royal blue leather's I've seen.

I may have to start a new thread titled "Help me teach my teenage daughter to throw left-handed".

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
does the lack of a finger hood cancel out the velcro wrist strap
NO, absolutely not!

The hood is actually useful, lay your index finger on top of it and it doubles as a twice as thick index finger pad! ;)

I'd take the Velcro (maybe) over fire ants inside the finger stalls, and maybe over a dog pooping on it after last nights leftover chili in August, maybe over being stored together in a 120 degree trunk with Anna's cleats.....and batting gloves, and those are still maybes??

Nov 18, 2015
NO, absolutely not!

The hood is actually useful, lay your index finger on top of it and it doubles as a twice as thick index finger pad! ;)

I'd take the Velcro (maybe) over fire ants inside the finger stalls, and maybe over a dog pooping on it after last nights leftover chili in August, maybe over being stored together in a 120 degree trunk with Anna's cleats.....and batting gloves, and those are still maybes??
So you're saying there's a chance...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802