Vinci Catcher Mitt - Dad/Coach Use -- Does it fit well?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 2, 2022
All -

Long time lurker. I help coach a 11U travel team and am the designated catcher for my daughter for her pitching lessons. Thus I find myself catching 11/12yr old pitchers a lot.

I need to upgrade to a real catcher glove (instead of my fielding mitt). I've been reading the threads, watching for deals and see that Vinci has a deal running through today on mitts.

I saw that a fellow poster said the JCV34 suits him well and is big enough for a dad (with average sized hands).

Any feedback before I pull the trigger on a JCV34 or even a custom Kip leather one (also on sale)?

Thanks

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The JCV34 is a great mitt that will protect your hand very well. If you buy it now, and work on it a lot, you should have it broken in by spring....maybe. It will also be the last catcher's mitt you buy for yourself. I bought my DD a JCV34 in her last year of 12U. 5 years later, with a heavy TB schedule, and school ball, she's still using the same mitt.

Jun 7, 2020
I have a vinci jcv34. I bought it from a member on here. It was in great condition. I use it quite a bit but man it was a tough break in. My dd throws 55ish and my hand don't sting when she pitches anymore. Even with my wedding band on it doesn't hurt. I think the jcv34 is an excellent mitt. I highly recommend it. The only negative thing I have to say is that I've already popped some of the laces on it. Other than that it's been great.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I have a nice, older Vinci JCV 34" sitting here that DD used. Had it relaced and stays checked by Jeff Rous. Great mitt but like most Vinci's the original laces were the weak point, take care of those and you'll have a very sturdy workhorse.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28