Video editing software

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
We film our games with a GoPro and I absolutely hate the GoPro studio software. It usually takes an entire day to put together one game because it crashes, locks up, doesn't work properly. etc. Is there something else out there that's not insanely expensive? I need to be able to zoom in and out, do the horizontal and vertical adjustments, and maybe mess with the color or brightness a bit. I don't need much beyond that.

Jun 12, 2015
I have movie maker but it doesn't have the functionality I need. I need to be able to rotate by degree, zoom in, etc. Movie Maker is great if I get the video camera set up perfectly but if it has fence in it I need to cut out or whatever, it doesn't work very well.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
We recommend Adobe Premiere Pro. It of course doesn't fit in the "inexpensive" category. However, if you pay for creative cloud monthly, it is a bit easier to absorb. Premiere Elements is cheaper and is a single pay license (opposed to the monthly "rental" method of Pro). But both are very good editors.

Sep 29, 2014
We recommend Adobe Premiere Pro. It of course doesn't fit in the "inexpensive" category. However, if you pay for creative cloud monthly, it is a bit easier to absorb. Premiere Elements is cheaper and is a single pay license (opposed to the monthly "rental" method of Pro). But both are very good editors.

Honestly if you wanted all the tools this is the way to go but as [MENTION=10964]josh[/MENTION] mentioned it does not fit into the inexpensive category which is why I did not recommend it but as far as quality IMO this is the best

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Honestly if you wanted all the tools this is the way to go but as [MENTION=10964]josh[/MENTION] mentioned it does not fit into the inexpensive category which is why I did not recommend it but as far as quality IMO this is the best

And you can also do the single tool monthly process. If you know you will only use it for so many months out of the year, you can do the single application monthly plan for $30 (they say $29.99...but let's stop fooling ourselves here). Use it for editing during the season and cancel when you or done. Or commit to a full year and pay $20 a month. But if you want the full package (meaning, all 20+ applications in the suite) and have access to a student or teacher email address (usually .edu is required), then you can get it for $20 a month.

Here's what Adobe says is required for the student/teacher option:
What is proof of eligibility?

Use a school-issued email address: If you provide a school-issued email address during purchase you are instantly verified. (A school email address may include .edu, .k12, or other email domains sponsored by educational institutions.) If you do not have a school-issued email address or your email address cannot be verified, additional proof of eligibility may be requested after purchase.

Students and educators at accredited schools
Proof of eligibility must be a document issued by the institution with your name, institution name, and current date. Types of proof of enrollment include:
• School ID card
• Report card
• Transcript
• Tuition bill or statement

Homeschooled students†
Proof of eligibility may include:
• Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool
• Current membership ID to a homeschool association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)
• Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year

*Accredited schools are those that are approved by an association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education/State Board of Education or the Canadian/Provincial Ministries of Education and that teach students as their primary focus. In the U.S., such associations include: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.
† Documents dated within the last six months are considered current.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Homeschooled students†
Proof of eligibility may include:
• Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool
• Current membership ID to a homeschool association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)
• Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year

*Accredited schools are those that are approved by an association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education/State Board of Education or the Canadian/Provincial Ministries of Education and that teach students as their primary focus. In the U.S., such associations include: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.
† Documents dated within the last six months are considered current.

Note - when you qualify for student rate, do not get a single application - get the Creative Cloud Collection and get ALL of Adobe's apps. Same price (sometimes cheaper) and you get Photoshop, Illustrator and all the other stuff Adobe makes. You pay a year up front and the rates can be REALLY good. I got a special promo and I think I am paying $60 for everything this year.

Jul 14, 2010
Wondering what the latest recommendations are for GoPro Hero6 for video editing - capturing games for homebound grandfather. Got the setup covered (my Lynkspyder shipped today) just struggling with the editing. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 28, 2014
I use "Freemake" video editor. I've tried most of them all and found that freemake is the easiest to use. Keep in mind that when joining 1080i videos (10 minute clips that sport cameras produce) that it takes about 4-5 hours to join them. I make the edits before bed, set up the joining process and let the computer work overnight. In the morning the game is ready for YouTube. I then upload it and set up another and head to work, when I get home the next game is ready to go to youtube. Weekends where we play 8-9 games sometimes takes 4-5 days to upload the videos. Our parents on the team want the videos up quickly :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozarkdad