Vendetta or LXT - preference?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2021
Looking at a couple used bats for my dd - vendetta and lxt x19, both 29 drop 12. Both close in price and in good shape. Curious what folks think of either one, will be her first use of a composite.

Thanks and happy new year

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Do not have any experience with the vendetta. DD has swung a couple LTXs -10 and -9. She liked them both.

(With his size of bat you are looking at make sure she likes the color. :))

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
The Vendetta is a middle of the road composite model while the LXT is considered high end. Go with the LXT. It has better pop, feel, heck, better everything.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
LXT is significantly superior to the Vendetta in terms of performance. HOWEVER...

...The OP is asking about a 29" -12 bat. This is a small and young player (8U or possibly a small 10U). If it's rec league, they are probably using soft compression (RIF) balls, which pretty much negates performance differences between the bats.

Pick the one that your DD likes the feel and look of best.

EDIT: If your DD is playing 8U/10U rec ball, practicing the skill of making consistent contact will be a WAY bigger hitting performance boost than anything a top level bat can deliver.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
LXT is significantly superior to the Vendetta in terms of performance. HOWEVER...

...The OP is asking about a 29" -12 bat. This is a small and young player (8U or possibly a small 10U). If it's rec league, they are probably using soft compression (RIF) balls, which pretty much negates performance differences between the bats.

Pick the one that your DD likes the feel and look of best.
I guess it depends on the area of the country you live in. For example, we used, and still do in rec leagues throughout the area, ASA/USA Rawlings 11" softballs at those ages. However, depending upon the rec league, some don't allow composites at all, some only allow them at 10U and above and others around here don't care.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I guess it depends on the area of the country you live in. For example, we used, and still do in rec leagues throughout the area, ASA/USA Rawlings 11" softballs at those ages. However, depending upon the rec league, some don't allow composites at all, some only allow them at 10U and above and others around here don't care.

For rec ball in our area (ASA/USA), it's 10"RIF for 8U, 11"RIF for 10U, and regular 12" for 12U and over. No restrictions on bat materials, as long as they have the right stamp.

Jun 19, 2016
Old thread but maybe they might come back. In general, I recommend against the use of drop 12 high end bats. I looked in the bat weight database and we didn't have any entries but it wouldn't surprise me if they are actually as heavy as the drop 11s. At drop 12 I would stay with aluminum. Short big drop bats are notoriously overweight with the exception of Demirini CF and perhaps the Mizuno.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee