Varsity

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
Super proud of my girl for making her varsity softball team. Program is a very strong perennial power with multiple state titles and returned 9 players from last season. Coach was so impressed with the strength of the freshman class that he expanded his roster from its typical size to include 3 freshman and she was one of them! Now to earn her way on the field.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jul 12, 2017
MI
Super proud of my girl for making her varsity softball team. Program is a very strong perennial power with multiple state titles and returned 9 players from last season. Coach was so impressed with the strength of the freshman class that he expanded his roster from its typical size to include 3 freshman and she was one of them! Now to earn her way on the field.

Congratulations to your DD ang2bmd! What position(s) does she play?

My DD will be on varsity again this year as a sophomore, but has yet to play a varsity game thanks to the season cancellation last year. Cannot wait for the first game in April!

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018

Congratulations, there is the first reward for all the hard work.

However, do not be surprised if she spends at least some time at JV this season if there is not an immediate opportunity for field time due to 9 returnees and an expanded roster.

Apr 20, 2015
Thank you! DD is a MIF, most experienced at SS, but capable of playing anywhere other than P and C. Will be super excited for any varsity opportunities. Hopefully will get to brag again later in the season, lol.

Apr 20, 2015
It wasn't pretty but it was a win...stayed 4-3. She started at ss. Played perfect in the field with several put outs. Didn't get a hit. Hit 2 balls hard just right at people. Whole team didn’t hit. Got caught looking for a strike out.. Will need to adjust to the HS strike zone. Supposed to have another one tonight. Learn and grow every game.

Jul 1, 2019
It wasn't pretty but it was a win...stayed 4-3. She started at ss. Played perfect in the field with several put outs. Didn't get a hit. Hit 2 balls hard just right at people. Whole team didn’t hit. Got caught looking for a strike out.. Will need to adjust to the HS strike zone. Supposed to have another one tonight. Learn and grow every game.

A win is a win, and like you said, take it and grow.
That's great for her starting at SS, tough to make V at your school as a freshman anyway and even better to come out the gate as a starter. Congrats to her and best of luck this season. We'll see you guys in a few weeks (DD won't, she's 8th) but I'm gonna try and make that game.

Oct 4, 2018

How'd you get the 4 runs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28