USSSA Pitching Rule Change

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I was talking about who should be voicing displeasure regarding umpire rulings..not on who should know the rules. If an umpire stinks, they stink for both teams. I have yet to see an umpire purposely trying to screw one team like many of the parents seem to think and if they did it would probably because of loudmouth parents..
And I added another reason for coaches to know the rules. They have to do with game playing decisions.

Lol sorry if it bugged you that I tacked on a positive thing...🪰🦟🕷🪳

Jun 8, 2016
And I added another reason for coaches to know the rules. They have to do with game playing decisions.

Lol sorry if it bugged you that I tacked on a positive thing...🪰🦟🕷🪳
It didn't bug me. I was just going off the OT which was leaping which has nothing to do with game strategy unless you count trying to get in the other pitcher's head as game strategy..

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I was informed today that USSSA has changed their pitching rule to allow leaping in 2022. This follows the direction that USA Softball went at their last National Convention.
There will be a press release coming out soon to make the official announcement.

Will it even be possible to call an illegal pitch beyond the hands not being separated at the start? It seems like the rules are being adjusted to remove this whole issue.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
It didn't bug me. I was just going off the OT which was leaping which has nothing to do with game strategy unless you count trying to get in the other pitcher's head as game strategy..
Certainly you understood the point of my post

The rules apply to being able to teach pitchers about leaping.
Which the pitchers should know about

Because some pitchers will use leaping and others will not.
it's a choice of mechanics.

which in my opinion leap offers something that could be considered a strategy in
=gaining ground.

Jun 8, 2016
The rules apply to being able to teach pitchers about leaping.
And that's a strategy option.

Because some pitchers will use leaping and others will not.
it's a choice of mechanics.

which in my opinion leap offers something that could be considered a strategy in
=gaining ground.
Your definition of game strategy is weird but whatever. My point was parents and players don't need to worry about bad calls..just play/watch. You disagree? If not then we have nothing else to discuss.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Your definition of game strategy is weird but whatever. My point was parents and players don't need to worry about bad calls..just play/watch. You disagree? If not then we have nothing else to discuss.

You have commented recently never having stood in the Box in fastpitch so that would explain you not understanding what I was commenting about gaining ground by leaping.
it does make a visual difference to the Batters and it can throw off timing

Sometimes you're more hilarious than you think when you don't want to accept a positive comment.

Only to derail....😁

radness

Dec 13, 2019
When this rule opens up and pitchers start purposely training to do this we are going to see it grow in popularity. And with that are going to be more scrutinizing about pitchers. it happened years ago.
it happened throughout the decades at a little trickle... but now chances are...
it will happen a lot more again.

Especially with the Advent of video and slow mo there will be a lot more scrutiny of pitchers and that will include a lot more scrutiny of umpire conversation

Dec 11, 2010
Truly believe that the game is in the players hands!
Far more opportunities throughout the entire game that the players have to make a decision and follow through that impacts winning!
I agree with this and like to hear coaches encourage this attitude with players.

Sorry if my post came off harsh.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812