Ugliest Power 5 DI Softball in Years!?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
regarding pitching at that level, I genuinely believe that especially against an OU or OSU that it is better for the pitcher to miss a spot and BB than it is to send one down the middle. There are SO MANY players that will park it on a single pitch. 0-2 or 3-0 they are deadly.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
When he was still @ JMU he came down and ran a team camp for us. Man he initially came off as a jerk and ALL the girls, including my DD called him a jerk! But as the day went on and the more he talked, and the more of a jerk he became, the more I really started liking him! You have no problem knowing exactly where this man stands!!

He was borderline abusive to all the pitchers, which I thought was hilarious! "PITCHERS DON'T WIN GAMES....PITCHERS LOSE GAMES!!"
Yup. I know a kid that will be on the roster this coming fall. I hope she starts running this summer. If not, she is in for a rude awakening.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
OK States 2nd baseman had three of those errors. She got hit in the head and cut her eyebrow open on the 1st one. She had a bad day.
She sure did. All the medical procedures being done to her on the field in front of a live national television audience had to be some kind of a HIPAA violation. :)

Jul 5, 2016
Is there a statistical basis for the assertion that the quality of play is worse this year than in years prior? I find that there are some great plays, a lot of good plays and some mistakes in the softball I watch. And this happens to be true of MLB baseball. My only feeling is that pitchers are getting lit up a lot more than in the past, but that is probably batters getting batter faster than pitchers.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
My only feeling is that pitchers are getting lit up a lot more than in the past, but that is probably batters getting batter faster than pitchers.

I did some research awhile back on the WCWS for the past 3 decades. Mostly hitting stats.

Some of the changes are pretty stark. Hitters have improved, IMO. So have bats. Didn't the pitcher's plate get moved back in the early '90s? That could explain something, too, although I think most of the '90s was played like now.

wcws stats.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802