UCLA and USC potentially going to the Big Ten Conference.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois

This would be a big hit to the Pac 12. I understand that USC does not have a softball program but loosing both those school in other sports would be a big hit for the Pac 12. The Big 10 would be a coast to coast conference. Honestly not sure I am a fan of this move, I kind of like having conference that are more in a geographical region.

It will be interesting if any of the schools involved would cut non revenue making sports due to the cost of travel. Certainly hope not.

Jul 5, 2016
These moves are ALWAYS about the money. And always about football.

The NCAA might be better off making men's basketball and football into university affiliated businesses and official farms for the pros. They are already that. Then they can worry about other college sports which aren't so contorted by money.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hmmm 🤔 article used the phrase
"new world of Collegiate Sports"
Lol makes it sound fancy...

Yep paying athletes in college from marketing and promotional stuff could do that to a sport/college.

Jul 5, 2016
Hmmm 🤔 article used the phrase
"new world of Collegiate Sports"
Lol makes it sound fancy...

Yep paying athletes in college from marketing and promotional stuff could do that to a sport/college.
The corruption in the NCAA predates NIL by many years.

Apr 1, 2017
These moves are 99% about football, and 100% about the money side of football. Not really even about building a conference. It's about creating a business agreement.

My biggest WTF moment from this thread, and not really sure why I didn't already know this, but why does USC not have softball???

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My biggest WTF moment from this thread, and not really sure why I didn't already know this, but why does USC not have softball???
No real estate to have a field. Just like Rice, TCU, SMU. Vanderbilt, Miami??? What other schools should have teams?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The corruption in the NCAA predates NIL by many years.
Yep could be, have always shuffled... but now NIL is going to influence players. Strategic movements like chess.
Plus things like this add hype stirs up the pot.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I was on the club rugby team in college. Totally loved it. We played every weekend. On the road or at home. Still friends with many of them 30 years later. 2nd best sport besides Softball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812