Triple plays

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 5, 2016
The Yankees got out of quite a mess today with a timely triple play. Chapman had walked the 1st two batters and was 2-0 on the third when the batter hit the ball sharply to 3rd leading to a 5-4-3 triple play. I've never seen a triple play in softball without a base-running error or two. Does it ever happen?

May 29, 2015
I can't find the better video of this ... but my daughter was playing in this game. Unfortunately they were batting and were making a comeback ... were.

Line drive off the pitcher up into the air, centerfielder catches it and they double up two runners.

Jul 31, 2015
Little League TP:

bases loaded
pop5 very close to the bag
Step on 3b as R3 moved off to prevent getting hit by the ball
Throw to 2b 5-4 because R2 saw R3 leave the bag and thought he should do the same

😂

Dec 11, 2010
From a Facebook post I made in May of 2016. I took the names out…

DD’s high school team made a triple play tonight. I don't ever remember seeing one. Runners on 1st and 2nd, bloop single falling behind the edge of the grass behind 2nd baseman. 2nd baseman leaps up and catches it somehow. It was a great grab. She fires to 1st base for the second out. 1b sees the runner on 2nd has not returned and fires it to 2nd where shortstop tags runner out.

It was one of those "what just happened" moments, it went by so fast I'm not even sure I'm describing it right. They really made decisions and moved the ball quickly to make it work.

Jun 8, 2016
You are not going to see too many 543 TP in softball because a) the basepaths are so short and b) most kids run hard out of the box (unlike MLB...)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anna turned a triple play in her very first game ever in first year 14U with her new organization. She's playing 3B, bases loaded, screaming liner hit to her and all the runners break. She's maybe three feet from the bag, she steps on 3B and throws a rocket to 1B and then runs to the dugout.....everyone including myself were looking like WTH just happened, took us a second! :rolleyes: :)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Anna turned a triple play in her very first game ever in first year 14U with her new organization. She's playing 3B, bases loaded, screaming liner hit to her and all the runners break. She's maybe three feet from the bag, she steps on 3B and throws a rocket to 1B and then runs to the dugout.....everyone including myself were looking like WTH just happened, took us a second! :rolleyes: :)
Forever Memory 👍🎉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802