Travel vs. School vs. Private Coaching Conflicts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
Yeah, I'm all for teaching girls how to do it and letting them do it. At what age will they be better at it than their travel coach? Depends on the girls and the coach, of course. But by HS I hope they're pretty decent at it, especially if the catcher lets the pitcher shake off signs.
Obviously depends on the knowledge and experience of a travel coach, but quite possibly they will never be better at it than the coach…but that’s not the point. 99% of my math students will never be better at math than I am, but I still let them work problems so they can improve. They won’t get better at math if they just watch me do it all day.

I believe that the best pitch to throw in a given situation is whatever pitch the pitcher has conviction in. I don’t know how that happens without the pitcher having some say.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
As they get older, analytics is used more and more. Serious question. Do any MLB catchers call their own games anymore, or is it all done by the binder?

Oct 26, 2019
As they get older, analytics is used more and more. Serious question. Do any MLB catchers call their own games anymore, or is it all done by the binder?
They call their own game, but they definitely aren’t short on data to do it with. Pitchers can shake of course. They are all using the pitch coms at this point too with the in hat microphone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28