Travel ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
There are many, many good travel ball (TB) teams in Florida. Make sure you have looked at all the alternatives before starting your own.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
I agree with Sluggers, there are a ton of 14U travel teams in Florida. What area are you in? If you are set on starting a team, here are a few needs to get you going

1. 10-12 dedicated players
2. 10-12 sets of dedicated parents
3. $30 for "ABC" registration
4. $200 insurance approx
5. $100-$150 per player in uniforms minimum
6. $350 tournament entry fee for each tournament. More for bigger tourny's
7. $500 for start up equipment- balls, catcher gear, tees, etc...
8. Where will you practice? Most quality fields charge a fee

You could probably run a basic set of uniforms and a decent tourny schedule for $6k-$7k per season (less for fall). This wouldn't include any overnights or extra's. You can join most of the organizations right online. I know you can for USSSA, NSA, ISA. ASA is a little more detailed. Good luck. If I can be of any assistance, just send me a PM.

May 30, 2011
I agree with you both,there is alot of teams.My daughter played on a 12u team this year but it was her last year. The problem is that its there first year ever and all they have is a 12u. We asked about a 14u but there not ready to start one yet.So I guess another question I ask you guys is how do we contact teams that are around us to see if they need players?We are in Riverview Florida.......20 miles from Tampa...thank u.

Nov 29, 2009
What you need to do is monitor the message boards here, Eteamz and your local message boards. Many teams put their tryout announcements in the local papers and training facilities. There will be teams placing announcements for players during the summer. During July the tryout information will be posted by almost every team in the State. You should be able to find something.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
There are some good travel teams in Tampa. Pick up the phone and call a few teams up and you might find a team.

You might spend time more time in a car than you would like if she were on a Tampa TB team, but you probably would spend more time doing non-softball tasks if you were trying to run your own TB team. Make the car time "together time" with your DD, and it is actually not too bad.

Nov 29, 2009
Make the car time "together time" with your DD, and it is actually not too bad.

My DD is narcoleptic in a car. For the early morning games she would bring her pillow and blanket with so she could sleep in the car till we got to the fields. After pitching all day she would be tired and sleep all the way home. This affliction actually helped her in college. She would sleep all the way back to school after a Sunday away game 12 hours from school. She would be ready for her Monday morning classes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan