Travel ball with no Sundays?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
"rather be on the field thinking about God, than in church thinking about softball"

I'd rather be on the field thinking about softball.

I'm a firm beliver in the separation of church and softball. Plenty of time in one's life for both, in my opinion. I'm not for combining them and forcing that upon others, which I see often. Also cracks me up how some families claim to be so religious but happily skip church for a game, practice, their favorite NFL team playing, brunch, etc. etc.

Apr 27, 2020
So my family has chosen to not do Sunday games. My daughter is pretty into softball and it really seems like the next step is travel ball, but from what I can tell that really isn't an option unless we're willing to do Sunday games. I figure we're just out of luck unless we just do the Sunday games, so figure we would just be in rec for the long haul.

I haven't been in the travel ball world, so I really don't know how it all works, but from what I can tell it's just weekend tournaments constantly. Is there any thing like league play that would be during the week and a Saturday? Just wondering if there's any way to start my own travel ball team and don't schedule the weekend tournaments or if that's unlikely to work too. Figure I wouldn't get a lot of good players if we weren't playing the big tournaments. We're in southern California if that helps.

Pretty sure I know what the answers will be, but figured I'd throw it out there if anyone had any thoughts.
What age group? There are a lot of softball options. Look to get her on a team for competitive weekday leagues or stay with rec. ball and just have fun.

You may even have an RBI program near you that you can get her involved in.
https://www.mlb.com/rbi/program-near-you

Aug 9, 2021
I thought softball was the religion?

When DD first started playing rec softball there was a girl who was excellent, but the family couldn't/wouldn't play on Sundays. She was dropped for the All-Star team because it wasn't fair to take a spot away from another girl. You could see the disappointment in her eyes. I always felt bad for that kid.

I think it will be a tough path to go on, but with some effort, and with her being a pitcher, you can find somewhere for her to play at a competitive level. Even if it is on a limited basis.

Best of luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802