Travel Ball Coaches: Team Insurance? What company/How much?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Going to contact both USA and Utrip to see if they cover all orgs.

Essentially, just need to have coverage for myself/team in order to get local city field permit and then begin practicing and playing in friendlies and various tournaments out her in Calif.

We have USA, AFA, PGF, TCS, etc etc tournaments and just want one umbrella insurance coverage for anything we may play in.

I've done something similar for a basketball team, but it seemed very restrictive and needed every players name on the insurance. Which since I still need about 4 more players to add to roster, I don't have that yet. lol

Any other insurance suggestions people have used? Costs?

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2016
I've used AYSAA insurance for years. It's somewhere around $80 for the first years and $60 for the following years. It's a specialty insurance company and covers coaches as well.

Did the AYSAA coverage policy cover all tournaments/orgs you were in (USA, USSSA, PGF, etc etc) ?

May 10, 2019
Just wondering what team insurance coaches are using to compare and contrast benefits/costs. I know for each part of country might be different based on org (ASA, USSSA, PGF, etc. etc.) your team plays in, but just wanted to get an idea of what people are using.

I've heard good things about NSA as an across the board coverage for all org/tournaments.
USSSA Insurance covers your team all year. This includes all tournaments including outside USSSA. Do USSSA and be done with it.
Going to contact both USA and Utrip to see if they cover all orgs.

Essentially, just need to have coverage for myself/team in order to get local city field permit and then begin practicing and playing in friendlies and various tournaments out her in Calif.

We have USA, AFA, PGF, TCS, etc etc tournaments and just want one umbrella insurance coverage for anything we may play in.

I've done something similar for a basketball team, but it seemed very restrictive and needed every players name on the insurance. Which since I still need about 4 more players to add to roster, I don't have that yet. lol

Any other insurance suggestions people have used? Costs?

Thanks all!
Do USSSA. Rates are below. It is for all tournaments.
USSSA Insurance.JPG

Nov 26, 2020
USSSA was $150 last season. It's what we have and it covers everything. It is secondary to the individuals primary insurance like most probably are so just pick the cheapest.

Jun 7, 2020
I need help getting a team covered for usssa,perfect game, and usa. Coach says it costs alot more than what you all are saying it should cost. Do I need different insurances to be able to play in these tournaments? Or will they all accept the usssa?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I need help getting a team covered for usssa,perfect game, and usa. Coach says it costs alot more than what you all are saying it should cost. Do I need different insurances to be able to play in these tournaments? Or will they all accept the usssa?
As was said before, the only 2 sanctions that will not accept any insurance but their own is PGF in their qualifier tournaments or above and NSA as a whole. That would mean USA, USSSA, FASA, SAEE, etc. Will accept each other's insurance including AYSAA, PGF and NSA insurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom