Tournament food catchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2016
My daughter is in her first all star season and will be the main catcher. I was thinking about making some edamame to put in the cooler with the other fruits and veggies. Should I add salt to help with her sweating to avoid muscle cramps or not because of hydrating?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2013
I'd just depend on a few gatorades for electrolytes. Drink 2 waters before you drink any sports drink, then have one sports drink. That's if she's doing a lot of sweating. If she's not sweating alot, then the fruits should provide her the carbs she needs to keep going.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Usually, we keep a few Powerade's in our cooler if I need some electrolyes. I mainly drink stuff with protein right after a game to help heal and build more muscle after a game. I also like to keep frozen fruit in a ziplock bag in the cooler as well. Frozen watermelon is my favorite.

Sep 18, 2016
She normally has Powerade and likes strawberries,grapes and bananas. Mainly I'm just wondering about wether the salt on the edamame would be good or bad for her.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Just go with whatever she enjoys eating that is relatively healthy. Staying hydrated and cool (if it's hot out) are the biggest factors. IMO, salt or no salt on a few edamame isn't a make or break issue.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I don't know with edamame. I've never eaten it before. Is it anything like a bean?

Edamame is soy beans, still in the pod. They are typically steamed, and are eaten either warm or cold. Pop the beans out of the pod right into your mouth. Yum. I like them best when they accompany sushi and mediocre Japanese beer. ;)

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Edamame is soy beans, still in the pod. They are typically steamed, and are eaten either warm or cold. Pop the beans out of the pod right into your mouth. Yum. I like them best when they accompany sushi and mediocre Japanese beer. ;)

Hmm, I'll have to try them sometime. We have a local Japanese resturant that serves sushi so I'll have to try it. Guess I learned something new, lol.

Jun 21, 2015
My catcher loves a cool pasta salad if it’s a long break between games, or some honeydew, watermelon or grapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 1, 2018
Pickles for electrolytes. Watermelon for hydration and bananas for iffy stomachs. The rest is whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802