Tournament during HS Season??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Any softball player who is playing on HS or MS six days a week should not be playing in a tournament at that time even if it is a one day tournament. Arms needs to rest and pitchers are pitching enough. Want to do a quick batting practice for an hour with no throwing. ..fine but that's it!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Any softball player who is playing on HS or MS six days a week should not be playing in a tournament at that time even if it is a one day tournament. Arms needs to rest and pitchers are pitching enough. Want to do a quick batting practice for an hour with no throwing. ..fine but that's it!

So I surmise that one of your players showed with a sore arm and we are venting?

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Any softball player who is playing on HS or MS six days a week ...

I don't think many HS or MS players who are playing six days a week, not consistently. If you play six says a week, then yeah, it's probably wise to take a day off and not play the seventh day. And I do agree that players need to be careful with their arms. My DD had a sore shoulder that I believe started from the rigors of playing MS ball, as she wasn't used to throwing every day.

So I would advise caution, but total tournament abstinence is not necessary. Just be smart about it.

Dec 19, 2012

If your HS athletic association allows it then it will never go away.

May 13, 2012
Dont agree with no touny's also dont agree with 6-7 days a week either. Schedule smart. 2 games that week play tourny. 3 or 4 games that week then tourny if you have the pitching staff and quality subs then make sure nxt week is light. More than that thru the week have close to two full rosters and use all of them throgh the week and weekend.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
Dont agree with no touny's also dont agree with 6-7 days a week either. Schedule smart. 2 games that week play tourny. 3 or 4 games that week then tourny if you have the pitching staff and quality subs then make sure nxt week is light. More than that thru the week have close to two full rosters and use all of them throgh the week and weekend.
HS plays 3 games a week and practices the other days. It goes Mon-Sat

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Coach T,

I am assuming it is a Travel Ball tournament...that is a NO NO here in Wisconsin...they can practice with their summer team but no games!

I agree with you, it is HS season and they need a break.