Totally Random Ranting - MLB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
As far as watching perfect pitchers, to them, it wasn't perfect. They were guessing something else. MLB batters are striking out about 1 in 5 AB nowadays. When the pitchers are that good (I know some would say the hitters are just that bad), you're going to start guessing and you're going to get fooled.
Bingo! Sometimes they are expecting a certain pitch based on prior ABs. Other times the pitcher is so good they have little-to-no chance of trying to react to all kinds of pitches, so they improve their odds by looking for either the most likely pitch or the one they have the best chance of hitting.

Everyone that makes it to the 'Show' is really an incredible player, regardless of how many games or their stats. The more successful players in the majors are just a notch above.

Mar 28, 2013
when ever I'm watching Baseball and my DDs walk in and sit and try to watch. they see a slow grounder that the short stop does not charge' fields the ball, crackers the transfer then triple pumps and throws the runner out by 3 steps they yell at the tv proclaim "this is stupid!" get up and walk out.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore